Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR-803T Sled Lens

I recently purchased and just received a phr-803T sled in the mail. I extracted the laser diode and decided to "dissect" the sled further, pulled out all the optical components; including the beam contaminator, inferred filter, stopping filter and the optical lens at the front of the sled. This lens was easily salvaged, is it usable for any of my project plans with my phr? If its not, is it sell able? Thank you in advanced!

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Well im not too sure but who dont you just buy a cheap lens of ebay for like 4 bucks for 2? will probably work better then the lens that come with it.

most likely you are stating a fact that it's not a very good lens, however, it was probably used to focus to a fine point (which is good).

the15thwiseone:
The optics in the PHR sled are dichroic mirrors and beam splitters, and I think there's a diffraction grating as well. I'm not sure what you mean by "beam contaminator".
The collimation and focusing lenses are not very useful; you're better off using a standard aixiz acrylic collimation lens, the kind that comes with aixiz modules.
Also, the optics have very little value, as PHR sleds don't cost very much.

the15thwiseone:
The optics in the PHR sled are dichroic mirrors and beam splitters, and I think there's a diffraction grating as well. I'm not sure what you mean by "beam contaminator".
The collimation and focusing lenses are not very useful; you're better off using a standard aixiz acrylic collimation lens, the kind that comes with aixiz modules.
Also, the optics have very little value, as PHR sleds don't cost very much.

oh, ok thanks very informative.

The lens isn't great, but some people have put them into aixiz lens holders and have produced a thinner beam. However, there's a lot of splash and other artifacts that make it look pretty bleh.

People have used the dicros to combine red and green lasers to make a yellow laser. If you use the search button, and look at the reviews threads you'll find a member who reviewed a yellow laser made this way, and he posted the formula too. Jayrob also has a tutorial making a yellow laser from a PHR sled.

That is farely nifty! I guess a yellow laser is a possible future project. :)
ah I figured as much about the bad artifacts.

Benm

The turning mirror does a decent job as a dichro/beamcombiner for red and green. The reflection of the red is pretty good, but you do lose a fair amount of green light (probably up to 20%).

Its not valuable though, many people get these sleds just for the diodes and there is plenty of leftover optics to go round.