Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR 803t Questions?

ncdude

Hey everyone,

I just received my diodes and drivers in the mail yesterday and have a couple of questions.
I have everything wired up and was wondering what type of voltage is best to use with the driver? All of my stuff came from Stonetek if that helps.

Thanks,

Scott..

well i think it would be best to read the stickies
but if your lazy i'll just spoon feed you lol
1) what driver
a-rkcstr 7.5-9.0 usually
b-lava 3.0 to 5.5

any more questions will be 50 cents each or three for a dollar

edit i am joking i too am still a noob

Last edited:

daguin

Both the Rkcstr and the Flexdrive have online manuals if you didn't get a copy with the drive.

Google is your friend

Peace,
dave

ncdude

I read the stickies and was was a little confused about the voltage. I have to AA s hooked up now and get 2.7 volts. That is what I run the red ones on and they work great. But I don't want to fry these blue ones so is 2.7 to much for them?

daguin

You are not worried about "frying" the diode with too much voltage (if you are using a driver). You are worried about frying the driver.

The diode will get the voltage it wants/needs as long as you give the driver enough

READ the manual for whichever driver you have.

Peace,
dave

ncdude

Ok I have read everything suggested and still don't understand this driver. I have hooked up 2 AA batteries that put out 3.2v and on the output side of the driver there is 3.2v. What does the driver do? Or have I not supplied enough power to power the diode and cause the driver to regulate voltage?

I appreciate all the help.

the driver regulates current to the diode if its not a preset use the search button on setting current on driver using a dummy load

please read more -and try to understand what you are reading

a diode needs a driver to protect/regulate current rkcstr or lava or rayfoss

a diode needs a good heatsink to dicipate heat aka a kryton a big chunk an aixis module

a diode needs a lense to focus to a beam

wait hey is this someone playing another noob trick on me because i am getting pretty upset right about now

Last edited:

ncdude

How nice you are getting upset. Hope people are as patient with you when you have questions.