Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PHR-803T - $12 ...

rcblob

Right -- Done :)
Works like a charm. In the pic you can see the laser i built on friday (red) and the one from today.
The picture is taken with standard exposure settings on an N95. The smoke in the air was made with about 1g of KNO3 + sugar (my other half is a pyromaniac) :D.

btw, how do i upload more than 1 pic?

Attachments

• 22122008149.jpg
    22122008149.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 77

daguin

photongeek said:
[quote author=laserwanabe link=1229652067/0#11 date=1229881142]what do they mean by used>
I would assume that it's been in use and that LD has some "Mileage" on it.[/quote]

These are the same sleds we are getting. They have been "harvested" from discontinued HD DVD players/burners that were slated to be scrapped. They have not been "used" in the "normal" sense. They are "used" because they were installed into a drive and then removed. It is possible that PSX BOY will lump his "new" sleds in with these as they sell (or sooner). The drives are not being manufactured anymore and the promised year of "support" for the failed HD DVD format has ended.

A second source we get them from are the ones that were "rejected" for QC issues. These are the more "beat up" ones. They were thrown into a pile/crate next to the assembly line so they sustained varying degrees of damage.

Peace,
dave

andy_con said:
i can get used sleds for $7 each
why buy used when the new phr are ~7.2$? and if you buy close to 200 at a time like jake does you can get them alot cheaper...

suiraM

At 200 pcs, "a lot" had better be a lot. $1K+ for a shipment is kind of ludicrous for personal use, at least.

jwc

daguin said:
These are the same sleds we are getting.  They have been "harvested" from discontinued HD DVD players/burners that were slated to be scrapped.  They have not been "used" in the "normal" sense.  They are "used" because they were installed into a drive and then removed.  It is possible that PSX BOY will lump his "new" sleds in with these as they sell (or sooner).  The drives are not being manufactured anymore and the promised year of "support" for the failed HD DVD format has ended.

So I'm guessing this means that PHR prices will increase in the current months?

----

Also, I bought 2 of these sleds a while ago and got them yesterday (although they probably arrived to my dorm shortly after I went back home). I tested them in the sleds with a low current and they both lased very well.

I'm amassing a small army of rare earth magnets from the sleds, too, which is nice. :)

jake21

yea if u buy more its cheaper, and my sleds are not used though.
when they "say used" they were smashed/damaged on top "loose parts" they told me :eek:

daguin

jwc said:
So I'm guessing this means that PHR prices will increase in the current months?

If I could tell the future I would just win the lottery and spend all of my time making y'all jealous. they may just go the way of the Toshiba drives we were harvesting from. One day, I simply bought the last one available from a "distributor" :'( (yes, I actually believe it was me) There are a few of these still in private hands, but . . . . .

I do not know of anything else that the PHR-803T sled is used in so there is probably no need to be making anymore. Who will buy the last one?

Peace,
dave

Brett

It makes me feel like hording a few dozen, but I guess some of you guys have already beat me to that idea long ago.

-Brett