Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PGL-III-C 589nm over GLP 589nm ?

I see in the CNI GB that is currently going on so many people are interested in the PGL-III-C 589nm. My original thought was that it would be really cool to have a GLP 589nm just to have on me at all times (is that weird?).

I understand with the PGL-III-C 589nm that it comes with a shutter, it will have better duty cycles, more commonly used batteries, ect. I just really like the look of the GLP 589nm and thought it was a sleek unique and elegant laser.

Either way I would like to get something from the GB. The prices for the PGL-III-C 532nm are fantastic but it looks like currently only 4 people are interested so we dont get the 10+ discount. That leaves me with the PGL-III-C 589nm I suppose. I am just not too sure yet.

By the way I mention in my other threads I want to build a custom laser. That is still in the plans but since the CNI GB is coming to an end Im thinking I should pick up something from that real quick.

Last edited:

DJNY

For more power and better $/mW performance get the PGL-III-C-589nm over the GLP body.

I´ve seen them with powers as high as 170mW. Even at 30mW it´s a very impressive, unique looking wavelength.

If you've got the doe get what tickles your fancy. You could always pick one up for your good buddy cantthinkofone ;)

Double Post detected! :na: (I bet it's just a stupid server/browser fail ;) )

I second what he said the PGL is better in performance and if you go for a pretty and small host:

IMO the PGL and the GLP are kinda ugly hosts.

The PGL has this blue plastic button which hurts in my eyes and is overall not so attractive.

The GLP is smaller but also not a beauty maybe a bit better than the PGL IMO but it has lower $/power and uses cr2 which are hard to find as good rechargeables and eat your money as non rechargeables.

Overall I would say buy PGL to have a nice bright sun like beam and a better runtime (it uses 18650s so you can use the Panasonics for a long runtime)

If you have someone that can make money magically appear buy the module of the PGL from CNI (maybe in the GB talk to Isaac) and let someone here make you a beautiful host with a big heatsink ......

Just my opinion on this :beer:

BTW I'm so jealous on everybody who can afford or has a 589nm laser :crackup:

DJNY

Forgot to mention, the PGL-III-A is IMO the most stylish host you can get your 589nm in ;)

Look at lazeerer´s PGL-III-A-589nm

For more power and better $/mW performance get the PGL-III-C-589nm over the GLP body.

I´ve seen them with powers as high as 170mW. Even at 30mW it´s a very impressive, unique looking wavelength.
Sums up almost exactly what i was going to say ...great minds think alike ......

Not the one in your sig phi? :p

If it were my choice, I'd get a custom host entirely... otherwise PGL-A

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I've only seen the one that I have, but IMO, once you've seen 100+ mW of sunshine, you can't go back! :D
Also, the PGL is definitely not an EDC.

Is the 589nm beam actually as visible as it looks in pics? I see some pics and the beam looks just beautiful but I cant tell if there is fog in the air while the picture was taken or not.

Some pictures show the beam pretty well... power is a big factor in it.

There are two pictures in my review that show the beam how it actually looks in person (I find that important in a review), click the 589nm in my sig

The two where the beam isn't so bright :p

Not the one in your sig phi? :p

If it were my choice, I'd get a custom host entirely... otherwise PGL-A
um oh yeah yes love it and plenty of power its a toss up on my favorite 589nm or the brilliance of my O type crown green 532 which is spectacular every time i turn it on ..