Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PETITION: >250mW E2 Evolutions from Wicked!

PETITION for >250mW E2 Evolution 532nm 2xAA-battery lasers from Wicked Lasers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exerd-I don't understand what else is needed.... his plan sounds sound to me (provided big divergence is OK). Also sweet raygun lol.

Exerd

His original statement said he was in some different class, and that the Evo laser would not appeal to him because he could build his own "using a diode".

Thus, what he described sounded like no replacement for an Evolution laser. That's like saying, "I am in a different class of people who do not need a Corvette, because I know how to build my own truck."

Got it. And maybe someday we WILL be building green lasers with diodes... 5 watt 520nm diodes :D

Ok Exerd, got your point. You mean a super skinny beam tem00 and a .9 milliradian divergence, in a slimmer host than that o-like module. Yes, I wouldn't be in any special class of builder that can do that at the moment. I have had problems finding optics for greens that will give me low beam divergence at greater than 1 mile. Hope that this CMAK effort works out for all of us. Just to re-state no I'm not any better than you Exerd, but I am quite experienced. One of my former jobs at Intel Corp. involved working exclusively with YAG lasers(laser scribe), aligning and repairing them, to burn lot numbers into semiconductor wafers(silicon).

Exerd

Ok Exerd, got your point. You mean a super skinny beam tem00 and a .9 milliradian divergence, in a slimmer host than that o-like module. Yes, I wouldn't be in any special class of builder that can do that at the moment. I have had problems finding optics for greens that will give me low beam divergence at greater than 1 mile. Hope that this CMAK effort works out for all of us. Just to re-state no I'm not any better than you Exerd, but I am quite experienced. One of my former jobs at Intel Corp. involved working exclusively with YAG lasers(laser scribe), aligning and repairing them, to burn lot numbers into semiconductor wafers(silicon).

I wasn't saying you weren't a good builder, either. All I was merely saying was that technically, you could still use this laser, because there really isn't a direct replacement for it that you could build. That's what I was trying to say. I wanted to make it clear that you couldn't actually build it, before accusing you of not being able to. :yh:

^ Ok, that's cool. Hey, I looked at your battery graph. I'm not seeing the Sanyo 2600mah batteries there. I will be getting those in a couple of days.

Exerd

Those batteries were not popular at Candlepower forum when the graph was made. I will have to look to see if I can find info on them. The problem is, they will have been done in a separate experiment, and the outcome may not match results in line with the experiment results I have linked.

Exerd

Update:

Here is what Steve from WL just said to me in an email when I asked about his thoughts on this thread:

"you will be in store for something soon, keep tuned."

He said it will not be an AA host, though, so I'm not exactly sure what we might be seeing.

cmak

Update:

Here is what Steve from WL just said to me in an email when I asked about his thoughts on this thread:

"you will be in store for something soon, keep tuned."

He said it will not be an AA host, though, so I'm not exactly sure what we might be seeing.
Do I smell a 10440/14500 pen host? :whistle:

-Chris