Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

PC or Mac?

mikeeey said:
[quote author=VillageIdiot link=1205467519/24#32 date=1211693764]I have 4GB of RAM and quadcore, so no probs for me :)
4gb of ram on vista is equal to probably about 5+gb of ram on xp. unfortunatly Vista eats up a lot more.[/quote]

...Who the hell needs 5gb of ram? o_O

VillageIdiot said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1205467519/24#33 date=1211697307][quote author=VillageIdiot link=1205467519/24#32 date=1211693764]I have 4GB of RAM and quadcore, so no probs for me   :)
4gb of ram on vista is equal to probably about 5+gb of ram on xp. unfortunatly Vista eats up a lot more.[/quote]

...Who the hell needs 5gb of ram? o_O[/quote]
lol im not saying someone would have that odd number of ram, im saying that if you have a certian amount of ram in vista, that same amount of ram in XP will seem faster.

I'd just like to bring this topic back to life and say Mac's suck lol.

I voted PC, because the Mac is good for nothing. Not even art as Adobe has proven that PC runs Adobe programs faster. The only reason for a Mac is to browse the net safely. And nothing else. PC's are faster, more reliable, and can do more things, and have more compatible programs.

Laserman said:
I voted PC, because the Mac is good for nothing. Not even art as Adobe has proven that PC runs Adobe programs faster. The only reason for a Mac is to browse the net safely. And nothing else. PC's are faster, more reliable, and can do more things, and have more compatible programs.

You can browse the net safer with linux....only ONE virus has been found in linux...and i think they patched it =)

nikokapo said:
[quote author=Laserman link=1205467519/36#40 date=1215400146]I voted PC, because the Mac is good for nothing. Not even art as Adobe has proven that PC runs Adobe programs faster. The only reason for a Mac is to browse the net safely. And nothing else. PC's are faster, more reliable, and can do more things, and have more compatible programs.

You can browse the net safer with linux....only ONE virus has been found in linux...and i think they patched it =)[/quote]
yes but your screwed when a website requires a plugin and linux isn't compatible with it... but linux is a really nice OS.
The same goes for Mac (NOT the part about being a nice OS).

Im going with PC, I grew up on windows 3.1 and to this day most of my computers still run windows - I thought about voting for Linux as it has its own perks (my server runs linux) but seeing as how I play games I have no reason to look into buying a mac.

abadcaffeinetrip said:
Maybe we all just like something that looks nice and that works without problems. 
lol, i was at my friend's house for 2 days, all i could use was a Mac. so I wanted to put quake 3 and some emulators on. I also looked for some other software I might have used on my PC.
it took me a good 3 hours to find everything, and when i finally got what i needed, after all the installing, converting...patching..updating..replacing of files..all that..in the end it said "sorry, this is only compatible with OS9 ;D" smiley face supposed to represent the Finder, as if the big smile makes me feel better that my software wasn't compatible!!?

nikokapo said:
[quote author=Laserman link=1205467519/36#40 date=1215400146]I voted PC, because the Mac is good for nothing. Not even art as Adobe has proven that PC runs Adobe programs faster. The only reason for a Mac is to browse the net safely. And nothing else. PC's are faster, more reliable, and can do more things, and have more compatible programs.

You can browse the net safer with linux....only ONE virus has been found in linux...and i think they patched it =)[/quote]
viruses aren't found on linux or mac really cause people who make the viruses want to effect large amounts of unsuspecting (deff not linux users, since some computer knowledge is required to config linux) people. PC has the largest market and therefore the largest number of victims.
sidenote: wasnt the mac book air hacked remarkably quick in that contest where if you hack it you get to keep it, i believe the guy loaded the virus off of a website of his.... Imagine all the apple fanboys who are virus protection softwareless that would be brought to their knees if a legit mac virus surfaced....

motorider826 said:
[quote author=nikokapo link=1205467519/36#41 date=1215403672][quote author=Laserman link=1205467519/36#40 date=1215400146]I voted PC, because the Mac is good for nothing. Not even art as Adobe has proven that PC runs Adobe programs faster. The only reason for a Mac is to browse the net safely. And nothing else. PC's are faster, more reliable, and can do more things, and have more compatible programs.

viruses aren't found on linux or mac really cause people who make the viruses want to effect large amounts of unsuspecting (deff not linux users, since some computer knowledge is required to config linux) people. PC has the largest market and therefore the largest number of victims.
sidenote: wasnt the mac book air hacked remarkably quick in that contest where if you hack it you get to keep it, i believe the guy loaded the virus off of a website of his.... Imagine all the apple fanboys who are virus protection softwareless that would be brought to their knees if a legit mac virus surfaced....[/quote]
yeah when my friend got a virus on his mac i tried searching for Mac Antivirus software and i had trouble finding any, there really isnt much out there, I never did find any software, but i spent less than 5 minutes looking.

the macbook air, lol, i accidently broke one of those at the Apple store. ah it was terrible there, maybe it deserved to be broken for the better. The thing is so weak, it bends like it's made out of tin or something, and that's how it broke. my wrist resting on it just crushed it lol.

I use OSx86 on my PC along with linux and windows. It's not really mac or pc, its osx or windows. Google OSx86. Its mac on a pc.

360freak said:
I use OSx86 on my PC along with linux and windows. It's not really mac or pc, its osx or windows. Google OSx86. Its mac on a pc.
but which do you use the most? OSx? or windows?

Lol, the Macbook air... I remember walking into the mac store (it was painful) and seeing a sign that said "Thinovation", obviously advertising the Macbook air. Innovation? What innovation? 1 usb port? That's like talking a step back in technology. And apparently it can be crushed under the weight of someone's wrist, lol. I could go on all day about everything wrong with Mac, but I won't for the sake of you guys... lol.

abadcaffeinetrip said:
Hmm.  There has to be some reason why 70% of the high end desktop market is taken by Apple......  http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1900

Not all of us can be crazy :)  And you can't call me a noob - my first computer ran CPM! Maybe we all just like something that looks nice and that works without problems.  Money isn't a deciding factor 100% of the time.  

O RLY?

if you call "high end": Extremely expensive stuff that can give you the same performance on a PC (which actually is very low on BOTH platforms).

you can use very old stuff in linux and it will fly :)