Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Partially broken diode???

Like this?
Laser oddity. - YouTube

I fixed mine by decanning
Yes! Yes! Yes! That's it.....except where there appears about four different projected images (full, half, 1/3, 1/5.....or close to that) mine has only two different images projected....full (but reduced globally) and about half....it does exactly as in that video. As if there is something inside the can in front of the output that is rolling around and obstructing the beam.

I did try the alcohol/swabbing method of cleaning the diode face....did nothing at all to the anomaly.

Styropyro is selling me a very efficient 445 diode that is going to replace this one...as soon as I get the tool to remove this diode I am going to decan it and see what happens. Will report back in a few days here.

Thanks for linking that video, it is the same anomaly.
Jeff

Yes! Yes! Yes! That's it.....except where there appears about four different projected images (full, half, 1/3, 1/5.....or close to that) mine has only two different images projected....full (but reduced globally) and about half....it does exactly as in that video. As if there is something inside the can in front of the output that is rolling around and obstructing the beam.

I did try the alcohol/swabbing method of cleaning the diode face....did nothing at all to the anomaly.

Styropyro is selling me a very efficient 445 diode that is going to replace this one...as soon as I get the tool to remove this diode I am going to decan it and see what happens. Will report back in a few days here.

Thanks for linking that video, it is the same anomaly.
Jeff

Here's the thread i started to find out what was causing it :p

http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/445-diode-extremely-dirty-cleaning-suggestions-67470.html

also to de-can i used the electric drill gun + razor blade method.