Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Parking Lasers Dangerous?

wvskyguy

I have 3 parking lasers pointed at the dashboard of my car to tell me when to stop in my garage. They are motion activated. Due to all the time I spend in my garage, the lasers are on all the time. Can a parking laser burn your dashboard if it's on long enough? The lasers are about 4 feet away. Thanks!

Encap

Nonsensical question without enough information to provide you with any answers other than if your dash is not burned up already then the lasers have not burned your dashboard.

What is it you are actually taking about ---make, model, link to it on the web
Are they sold as parking aids --if so maybe hope they burn your dashboard and sue them for damages lol

Last edited:
Nonsensical question without enough information to provide you with any answers other than if your dash is burned up already then the lasers have not burned your dashboard.

What is it you are actually taking about ---make, model, link to it on the web
Are they sold as parking aids --if so maybe hope they burn your dashboard and sue them for damages lol
I decided to look up "parking laser". It is a parking aid.

Encap

I decided to look up "parking laser". It is a parking aid.
Yes me too looked it up and they are $15
The product seems to be for impaired people who for whatever reasons are perception limited enough they can't come to grips with the simple task of parking a car in a garage.

I have 3 parking lasers pointed at the dashboard of my car to tell me when to stop in my garage. They are motion activated. Due to all the time I spend in my garage, the lasers are on all the time. Can a parking laser burn your dashboard if it's on long enough? The lasers are about 4 feet away. Thanks!
Think the question through. Should you do that an answer will come to you.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yes me too looked it up and they are $15
The product seems to be for impaired people who for whatever reasons are perception limited enough they can't come to grips with the simple task of parking a car in a garage.
Geez I'd hate to be on the same road with those people :S

Anthony P

I used to install garage door openers professionally. The parking lasers are very low power reds (don't remember exact mW). They are very rarely used compared to the much more popular tennis ball on a string hung from the ceiling.

It's to let you know you are far enough in to not scrape the back of the car when the door closes behind you. Yes, you can just pull all the way in if you like, but I've found it very helpful to be barely inside the door when it closes to maximize space in front of the car for other garage tasks. That's what I use mine for. I just wired a 5-cent red ebay-special to the door opener.

kecked

Polaroid ultrasonic range finder. Like on a robot. Turn on light when your at distance.