Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Paper cutting lasermodule with fitting eye-protection

Hi, I built a plotter out of two scanners, some electronics and a pen which can print vector graphics. Now I would like to not only draw, (this can do some inkjet printer too) but also cutting.
So I need a 300mw laser diode with a class lens for focusing. Do I need to pay attention to special cooling? Is tmart.com trustworthy? Where can I get a matching protective glasses? Im an absolute beginner and i need fast answer because legality in my country is pending atm. This is because of people pointing at planes and injuring the pilot, im not gonna do th like that.

lg, JollyMushr0om

Last edited:

Buy a 200 to 400mW 405 blu-ray module that will be enough to cut white paper fast

anselm

Hello and welcome to the forum!:wave:
Forgive the pun, but 300mW of red ain't gonna cut it.

First of all, the (usually white) paper transmits the red wavelength and distributes the
energy around in the material instead of absorbing it all in that one spot.

Second, if you don't want to cut very slowly, you'll need more than 300mW of power.
I'd suggest you that you look into and consider either a 12x BluRay burner diode of 405nm (and ~700mW)
for maximum precision, or a 445nm projecor diode for maximum power (~1500mW) from a single
diode.

Last edited:
BluRay burs better/faster then a 445 Blue ( btw ) how fast do you want to cut paper ? 12"/ second or can it take four ever ?

Last edited:
Ty for replies. The stepper motors in the scanner just simply dont allow to wait forever, and what about cooling problem? Also im not sure where to order because i dont feel comfortable to send money to who ever in china. Could u refer some resellers, shipping worldwide?
Isnt more than 300mw to much for a beginner to play with or am i wrong about that?

lg, JollyMushr0om