Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

paid a visit to my high school physics teacher...

I brought my 200mW red to school to show to some of my more trustworthy friends and the physics and science teachers.... A couple of my friends had lasers anyway, one has a warnlaser and one has a ~50mW gunsight if I remember, one has a dilda. I didn't get in trouble, but it was probably a bad idea because I'm sure some of my friends would have shined it in someone's face the moment they held it, while some of my friends get freaked out when I bust out a 30mW greenie.

i couldnt get into my high school if i tried! here in Illinois we live in fear
Umm...:wtf:

You mean, you could not get the LASER into your school? Well such items are more or less forbidden to carry into public educational places anyway, I think.
Or am I wrong?
They are potentionally dangerious, and are item of irritation from behind cover, at best.

rockz

In my school, lasers are just plain annoying to the staff and teachers. Its not a safety concern, because all the lasers we see here are the keychain reds at the dollar-store. But, if they see it, it goes in the trash.

In my school, lasers are just plain annoying to the staff and teachers. Its not a safety concern, because all the lasers we see here are the keychain reds at the dollar-store. But, if they see it, it goes in the trash.

my friend wayne is especially annoying with pet store lasers, he must have had 5 taken away by now.

will

Lol. At my school a lot of people would bring little keychain reds and get them taken away and then got it back at the end of the day. My friend brought a 5mw green and our Principal said it was pretty hi-tech and better not take it to the High School. BTW I live in a small town in Oklahoma where most people are not with the technology if you know what I mean.

Ohhh ya, I've had like 10 crap reds taken from me in my day, but the greens are the funniest to have taken. Teachers are always more interested in "how I made it that color" than how I just destracted the class lol.

I think a better question is...If and when you take your lasers to school and show them to your friends/teachers, do you bring enough eye protection for everyone around you???

My guess is no.

Better to be safe then sorry. :)

Lol, I read a 5mW can cause damage "if delibrately and directly viewed in excess of ten seconds straight" so no, I'm not really worried about the whole "safe than sorry" thing, it's just a presentation pointer and I don't point it at anyone's face lol.

Lol, I read a 5mW can cause damage "if delibrately and directly viewed in excess of ten seconds straight" so no, I'm not really worried about the whole "safe than sorry" thing, it's just a presentation pointer and I don't point it at anyone's face lol.

OK...You must realize that at the begining of this thread...everyone was talking about 50mW+ lasers

OH! no i graduated like 6 years ago, if I go back, security is so tight they dont let ANY non student in. I cant visit teachers or anything. They fear visitors may 9-11 the school or something.
Umm...:wtf:

You mean, you could not get the LASER into your school? Well such items are more or less forbidden to carry into public educational places anyway, I think.
Or am I wrong?
They are potentionally dangerious, and are item of irritation from behind cover, at best.

'9-11' the school haha :crackup:

Well, it is good that you have somebody you want to visit, not regarding the rules or anything here.Right?