Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ozark Trail 2-Piece Aluminum Flashlight (WALMART)

So im in walmart this morning, and always being on the lookout for flashlights to potentially turn into lasers, i stumbled upon one of those large cardboard displays in a middle isle with a bunch of flashlights, one of which caught my eye! I think its a black friday related item, not sure if its a regularly available thing, and i did some searching on the net and couldnt find this flashlight anywhere but walmart so....

I immediately took it home for dissassembly and inspection. I was pleasantly surprised on how nice these were given the price.
($10 for a 2-pack :drool:)
They have a great feel to them in the hand, and seem to be very well machined. Couldnt find any burrs and the threads looked very nice n clean.

It appears it will be quite easy to machine a heatsink to slap a module into this and may even be able to use the battery contact board that came with it, in the coming weeks ill make one at work and save my dimensions in case any1 else picks some of these up and needs some heatsinks made. Hell i might even pick up a few more of these packs for future builds. onto the pics!

Ozark Trail 2-Piece Aluminum Flashlight with Batteries, 100 Lumens: Automotive : Walmart.com

4d0z.jpg

lly6.jpg

baj1.jpg

tlrw.jpg

kxlt.jpg

2spt.jpg

Ha! That's awesome! I Just picked up a set of these yesterday thinking the same thing! As a part of random curiosity and testing my new meter I see it pulls .6-.7 amps on max, .3 on strobe and .12 on low.

Already been discussed in Tmack's thread. The light is a piece of junk and for $50 its also a rip off for a host. The batteries are junk and the charging of those batteries in the host is a ticking pipe bomb

Already been discussed in Tmack's thread. The light is a piece of junk and for $50 its also a rip off for a host. The batteries are junk and the charging of those batteries in the host is a ticking pipe bomb

Dude what are you talking about? Are you in the right thread? This is a beautiful quality host, the batteries are a bonus for the kids toys etc, and they only cost $10 for 2, that's $5 each, where did you see $50??????

And charging batteries etc, nobody said anything about charging batteries.

Dude what are you talking about? Are you in the right thread? This is a beautiful quality host, the batteries are a bonus for the kids toys etc, and they only cost $10 for 2, that's $5 each, where did you see $50??????

And charging batteries etc, nobody said anything about charging batteries.

Right?? Not sure what $50 is about... Mine was also $10 for 2. Looks very nice to me... The light is very bright. And they come with NON rechargeable batteries...

Last edited:
Sorry was at work and the link directed to the $50 2x 18650 junk that walmart sells. Ignore prior statement ;)

Your $5 is well spent. It's not a bad idea to buy cheap at super store and re use disassembled parts. :wave::wave: