Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Over 20 Watts of ~408nm

Junktronics has the complete projector assemblies from which those high power multimode 405nm diode modules recently discussed on LPF have been sourced. The assembly has 20 modules+optics. It is mentioned that the output places the modules' outputs side by side in a line but I'm optimistic that some adjustment to the optic mounts can be done to overlap or at least stack the outputs... I'm fairly confident that we all would like to see what the dirty sickness of 20 watts of (about 408nm) violet looks like. Perhaps the final "line" output could be run through a high aspect cylinder lens pair to square it?

They're currently up for about $375, so that's what.. 19 bucks a module, plus all the optics! But what's the fun in separating everything?

Link to the unit for sale-

s-l1600 405.jpg

s-l1600 405 2.jpg

s-l1600 405 3.jpg

s-l1600 405 4.jpg

s-l1600 405 5.jpg

s-l1600 405 7.jpg

Last edited:

Hey, Aaron. Do you have one of these or are you planning on getting one? I would be interested in seeing how close you can stack the beams.

You lucky americans!

I would like to play with one too, if not the 500usd shipping to Europe.

However I do not see it easy to solder all LDs serially to 100V external driver keeping modules in place (or feed + modulation to each of 20 module PCBs what might be twice difficult)...

It's multi mode as well, I would rather have a BDR-209 any day and if knife edging then BDR-209 is definitely the way to go.

It may be multimode, but due to the short wavelength, the divergence is fairly good with a small lens, much better than the divergence we get with our 520 nm multimode diodes. Although rated for 350 mw CW, these diodes have more headroom to overdrive the current than many other diodes I've seen. Only thing which concerns me is the hours put on them.

Last edited:
Hey, Aaron. Do you have one of these or are you planning on getting one? I would be interested in seeing how close you can stack the beams.
I don't have it, if I can manage to get the scratch together before they're gone I'll purchase one..

Only thing which concerns me is the hours put on them.

I wonder how "used" they are?

I'm curious about that myself. Whatever the hours are, I suspect that the single diode modules that people have been purchasing from them have similar hours put on them... either 0 or.. something :)

RedCowboy said:
It's multi mode as well, I would rather have a BDR-209 any day and if knife edging then BDR-209 is definitely the way to go.
I totally understand where you're coming from.. but how often are you going to encounter 20 BDR-209's knife edged? Just the bare 209's in a module with no lens will set your back $800(!) not including 20 front surface mirrors, 20 mounts, 20 DTR G2 lenses, the optical table and if you want to do it right, the spatial filter. And even with all that it still will only have half the power (if you want the 209 diodes to last more than an hour) of the Junktronics assembly!!

Last edited:
I wrote Kevin, they have a lot more than two to sell, contact him directly as he sells through his web site too, he only listed part of what he has through his ebay store.

Last edited: