Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Outstanding laser art

18LJ

I'm usually kinda snobby when it comes to laser shows and displays. I mean it's all cool eyecandy and all, but scanning and tunnelling effects get kinda stale after awhile and ilda animations are often kinda cheesy and uninspired when it comes to artistic/creative reach. This installation impressed me. The design artists name is Chris bauder and the music/sound design was by monolake and this event wasa2-3 yrs ago. I really like the effort put into the production and feel this show really took lasers and light as a creative medium a step forward in a new and innovative direction and raised the bar a bit-so I decided I'd share it here and if anyone has a PL account I'm sure those forums would appreciate this video as well if anyone feels inclined to repost this over there as I haven't gotten around to making an account there yet. Hopefully this video can give other artists a bit of creative inspiration to build on.

Watch “DEEP WEB - kinetic audiovisual installation and performance” on Vimeo:

WOW !!! Now THAT is very, very impressive !!! ALL that mechanical up/down....all position encoded, computer controlled....but....the programing to achieve this !!! Just WOW.... I think....nine (9) HP projectors....What co-ordination !!!! I will investigate !! Perhaps...this will come to somewhere in the USA !!! Thanx for posting !!! CDBEAM

diachi

That was a couple years ago, remember being really impressed with it at the time.

Thanks for posting it. I had not seen this before now. Wish I had seen it when it first came out. My thought was the same as Bob. It took a great deal of programming to get all the projectors and motors to work so well in unison.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very impressive, 18LJ!
Thanks for sharing with us. 🆒

More stuff at:

🆒