Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ouch.

FireMyLaser said:
You know what hurts?

Super HOT glue on you're thumb nail! AHHH! The pain!

no doubt that does hurt like hell LMAO i'm still laughing. don't know why probably because i've had both burns from my soldering iron and hot glue on my fingernails..

The worst part is to get all that glue off afterwards... I had a huge blister on top of it all!

Yeah I guess it's kinda funny. ;D

And ones I burnt my lip while checking if the iron was hot. You know the routine, hold it under the nose to feel the radiant heat. Not one of my bright moments. ::)

FireMyLaser said:
You know what hurts?

Super HOT glue on you're thumb nail! AHHH! The pain!
The Pain! is even worse when you get it on your finger. You spill it on your finger, you wait a second in horror, and then the pain comes. I would stop using hot glue for everything if it wasn't so useful!

I've got burnt by soldering iron at 60watts and a gas one which was red how and i touched the grill.I've also got burnt by how glue. :(

i have got many little scars from welding. the weld splatter sticks to your skin and burns it bad.

but i dont care about it, it's just a burn. . . ::)

charleytown55il said:
i have got many little scars from welding. the weld splatter sticks to your skin and burns it bad.

but i dont care about it, it's just a burn. . . ::)

I was melting a pot of Bismuth one day in my kitchen and i have the sink right next to the stove. something fell in the sink, a drop of water bounced into the pot of molten Bismuth and an explosion followed. I had molten metal everywhere on my face head and completely destroyed a brand new track suit my wife bought me, I still have it with molten metal stuck to it. The kitchen was covered including the roof there is still specks of it on the roof. My wife heard me call and came in the kitchen and started laughing can you believe it laughing. She later said (after I cleaned up the mess) that she would have rather laughed than KILL me. :)

i hate it when little particles of tin fly around the tip of the iron and they hit my fingers...

according to murphy's law, everytime i have to solder an ultramini&volatile&flammable-microchip, i will have tons of hot tin particles fly right to the most sensitive parts of my fingers :(

I've burnt myself hundreds of times soldering. Usually it will just be a tiny burn, sit there and tingle for about a half hour and thats it. This time, i was right in the middle of harvesting a PHR-803T and somehow the hot, thicker part of the iron slipped BETWEEN MY MIDDLE AND RING FINGER and sat there for a good full second. Maybe 1.5 seconds, right in the "webbed" part! It was situated in a way that I had to move in an awkward manner to get it off of me. I tried to keep working but after about a half hour the pain was to intense I had to call it quits for the night and nurse my wound, which is when I made this post ;D I was left with two dime-sized blisters. Fun times. ;D

styropyro said:
The Pain! is even worse when you get it on your finger. You spill it on your finger, you wait a second in horror, and then the pain comes. I would stop using hot glue for everything if it wasn't so useful!

Just squash it around for about 5 seconds between your fingers and the heat dissipates. If you keep it moving it barely hurts at all. I can squeeze hot glue directly from the gun onto my finger this way.