Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ordered! Need batteries, anyone got a link?

Vision

Eitan made me an amazing deal. Bought the 1.5W laser 445nm Blue and he upgraded it to the 2W+ for free! Been a while since I got a 2W laser, mine broke last year. Had a few cheap aliexpress ones but nothing serious.

Got my glasses ready, I just need someone to link be to a reputable eBay seller who sells genuine high powered 16340s.

I wanted to get the 7W but I think I'll wait. Have something a lot more stable come out that hopefully has lower divergence, then we'll see. :eg:

Hi ,
Check out IMR site and go for AW cells these guys are alright
Rich:)

I use these batteries and they have performed great for me in my 2.3W 445nm.

AW IMR 16340 550mAh

They are genuine AWs, very reliable company to do business with and they have always shipped to me very fast too. :beer:

GSS

I use these batteries and they have performed great for me in my 2.3W 445nm.

AW IMR 16340 550mAh

They are genuine AWs, very reliable company to do business with and they have always shipped to me very fast too. :beer:
On this sight on the battery specs I saw "Operating Disharge Temp -10 to 60C or 14 to 140F. Is it saying these wont work at below 14F or over 140F? Or is it just saying they work at their best between these temps? The other links have no mention of this statistic.

Last edited:
On this sight on the battery specs I saw "Operating Disharge Temp -10 to 60C or 14 to 140F. Is it saying these wont work at below 14F or over 140F? Or is it just saying they work at their best between these temps? The other links have no mention of this statistic.

I would imagine this is more of a range for optimum performance, it is never a good idea for any battery operated device to be used when it is extremely cold or extremely hot if you want to expect the best battery performance. Batteries don't work as well when they are in either extremes. I doubt anyone will be operating a laser beyond these temperatures in either direction anyway. :beer:

Last edited:

GSS

I would imagine this is more of a range for optimum performance, it is never a good idea for any battery operated device to be used when it is extremely cold or extremely hot if you want to expect the best battery performance. Batteries don't work as well when they are in either extremes. I doubt anyone will be operating a laser beyond these temperatures in either direction anyway. :beer:
Thanks Lux, even though I never go anywhere anymore or lately I imagined myself camping:whistle: and freezing and my flashlight or laser not working so the helicopter couldnt see me. Now coming down from dream land it does get pretty cold here in MA and am wondering what the best emergency battery would be to have in my car?

Thanks Lux, even though I never go anywhere anymore or lately I imagined myself camping:whistle: and freezing and my flashlight or laser not working so the helicopter couldnt see me. Now coming down from dream land it does get pretty cold here in MA and am wondering what the best emergency battery would be to have in my car?

In a situation like this I would probably just keep a hand-cranked dynamo powered flashlight in my vehicle. No worries about charge run-down then due to the cold.

Reactions: GSS