Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ordered from wickedlasers dec 2014 comes aug 2015 un paid for..

Okay so i purchased in arctic 1.4w laser during the final 40 in December. I waited till the end of april and heard that my package was shipped and not shipped and that i would get a refund if i wanted about 6 times!? Of course i was fed up so i contacted my credit card and they made wicked lasers pay basically instantly!!.. so the last message from wicked was we are working on your refund.which i received.. Then a few days ago I get something in the mail and its what i ordered but cancelled already and got my refund for..
:wtf:
i look in my email and see that 2 weeks ago they were telling me they were shipping it for some bogus reason.. so i contacted several of there refund and support emails to tell them i dont want it and im not paying for it and idk why they sent it and if they wanted it back theyll pay the shipping... I called several timesand there was no answer either..

I am fed up with this company lol i called up my credit card company told them the story and they said well thats odd we dont see here that there trying to take the money out but if they do which some how there allowed to that i can just use there return policy..
I said what happens when they take it out 6 months from now wont the policy be expired? the credit card company says no it is only in effect from which day the payment is made..

its very inconvenient because if i do now want to return it Id have to wait till being billed through my CC and paying the extra interest and waiting for them to receive my package and refunding me so in other words id be out a few 100 dollars for some months.. :mad: :tsk:

anyone else had similar happen?what should i do..

gozert

You should go get your money back from either WL or the CC company. WL is a shit company with usually underspec lasers (hasn't always been the case). I'd recommend you check out Jetlasers when you receive your money. They have some nice hosts and offer great quality lasers along with excellent customer service.

Really that's all the advice is there a suggested separate category I should post this in instead??

Are you in the US, NZ, CH or AU?

If so, they stopped shipping any laser above 5mW's to any of those countries which could explain why you were never charged.

-Alex

If you haven't been billed yet you should keep your laser.. If you don't contact them, they won't contact you. Simple.

Edit: it's better off if you flip it on eBay as "New with tags" then you'd get about 300$ your bought price (200$ i think).

Last edited:

Jstr

If you really, really, really don't want it, I'll take it off your hands :)

Sounds like you did a credit card chargeback/Dispute with the credit card company?

So they charged you at point of sale, you contacted the credit card company and they gave you the refund?

If the dispute is closed the authorization would have been canceled.

i bought the laser came up to 310 canadian. they said they would work on my refund but it was over a month so i get my credit card company involved and they settle the dispute get wicked to pay me my money.. but then all of sudden the laser shows up at my home like 6 months down the road un paid for?? and now im assuming there going to want there money which in that case i want to return it..considering i didnt even re order it ??... my credit card company said to not send it unless i get a hold of them which i cant sooo looks like i have to wait till a random 300 try coming out of my account lol

Davidx

I suggest keeping your free laser. Not sure how the law works in Canada. I always used my American Express to purchase from Wicked Laser back before I knew about this forum and Gray at Jetlasers. My experience with American Express has always been awesome. Like having a big brother protecting me. I'm sure If I told them not to honor any future billings from Wicked laser they would do just that. If I was you, I'd ask to speak to a supervisor and tell them to ignore future billings from WL. If for some reason they refuse to follow your instructions, I'd pay off my card, and tell them you're canceling your account with them.
You did the honorable thing, it's WL's problem, not yours.
Remember, you're the boss.
Keep us informed how this plays out. And who is your CC company? They should always have your back.
Enjoy your new laser, forget WL exists, and get a CC that treats you right.
CC companies are all guilty of usury. Bit of advice. Always pay your credit card bill for the full amount each month. If you can that is.
I always do. They hate people like me. They never make a penny off me. And never will.

Last edited:
im with td visa! ive asked them can you just do a stop payment?? they told me visa is a guaranteed payment and no matter what wicked can put a force payment on my card ? nothing like forced to pay something i was refunded for and didnt want anymore 6 months down the road lol.. they told me if im charged on my credit card ill have to use wickeds return policy... i said what happens if i just max out my card can they still take the money out and they said yes... so in the end if im charged ill get stuck paying the shipping back to where its from and back when i bought it it was 310$ the exchange rate has went up astronomical which means might even get charged more.. thanks for some of the feed back boys keep it coming.. i cant be the only one this has happened to here

Davidx

Well then let's have some fun. I get offers at least once a week from CC companies saying I'm pre- approved to receive one of their cards. Many times they offer to "consolidate my bills" They offer to transfer the debt from my current card to their shiny new card. Usually with some incentive, like pay no interest for the first 6 months or some other "bait" to get my business. ( their system just sees I have excellent credit, not realizing I pay it off each month ) thereby never paying them interest.

In your case, they pay off your original card, putting the debt on your new card.
Then cancel your original card. Be honest and explain your problem to the new company. (Probably MasterCard) and I'd bet they will tell WL to go to hell when, and importantly, if they try to charge you.
By the way, my Arctic turned out to be pleasantly over spec. :) It's just a crap shoot.

Have fun, always pay off your CC debt and you will end up with excellent credit, and you won't be like 99% of people paying exorbitant interest rates to crooks.

Shipping things to China can be very expensive. I sent an item to China two weeks ago.
$35 or something like that. Get this. To use get USPS to use tracking was $184! ( no, I didn't use tracking.

Well then let's have some fun. I get offers at least once a week from CC companies saying I'm pre- approved to receive one of their cards. Many times they offer to "consolidate my bills" They offer to transfer the debt from my current card to their shiny new card. Usually with some incentive, like pay no interest for the first 6 months or some other "bait" to get my business. ( their system just sees I have excellent credit, not realizing I pay it off each month ) thereby never paying them interest.

In your case, they pay off your original card, putting the debt on your new card.
Then cancel your original card. Be honest and explain your problem to the new company. (Probably MasterCard) and I'd bet they will tell WL to go to hell when, and importantly, if they try to charge you.
By the way, my Arctic turned out to be pleasantly over spec. :) It's just a crap shoot.

Have fun, always pay off your CC debt and you will end up with excellent credit, and you won't be like 99% of people paying exorbitant interest rates to crooks.

Shipping things to China can be very expensive. I sent an item to China two weeks ago.
$35 or something like that. Get this. To use get USPS to use tracking was $184! ( no, I didn't use tracking.

Wow and my credit card company told me if I were to ship it back I'd need the tracking!! At the end of the day it's probably not even be worth it to do a return with these crooks lol... I haven't even touched the package yet.. I've never had a laser besides my 40mw green.. My credit card company told me no matter what theyd supposedly be able to force the charge but they admitted that wickeds accounting looks so bad that theyed probably not even do it.. For some reason once you've authorized them there's no stopping them or any of that? Doesn't make sense though if I authorized them my payment and they take it and they refund me..business is assumed done they shouldn't be authorized to go back and just take money lol.. Maybe I may need to shop around for a new card I don't have any annual fees tho

Davidx

Your no doubt had to sign when your laser was delivered? I'd open the package, put batteries in that sucker and enjoy it.
Seems WL didn't seem too concerned about getting you the product you paid for in a timely fashion.
You then, should not be concerned about returning said item in a timely fashion.
I would suspect you are a young person. If that's the case, you may live another 75 years.
If for some unknown reason you feel guilty about using it, maybe you should follow WL's lead and return it to them. In say, 50 years. LOL
With their new owners, and horrible customer service, I'd be surprised if they are still in business 6 months from now. You're CC company already told you their accounting system is a mess. I'm sure it is. And whoever bought the company has inherited a large can of worms.
Open it up and have fun. As far as I'm concerned, it's legally and morally yours to do with as you please.I have a business attorney I've been using for 20 years. If I told him this happened to me, he'd slap me. And charge me $400.LOL C
Chinese company,going under, trying to collect money from a Canadian for a transaction that occured while under different ownership???!! I'm laughing as I type this.
You have already wasted too much of your own precious time trying to be a good guy.

Now get back to more important things. Fast cars, beautiful women, powerful free lasers. If you feel compelled to worry about something, consider being eaten by a polar bear, global warming, crazy country south of you, etc. :)
+ rep for you for getting a free laser from a bad company that has ripped off many, many people. Including your new brothers on this very forum.
I mean it, open that sucker put a battery in it, buy some quality safety googles and welcome to the forum. I also don't trust the goggles they send.

Last edited:
Your no doubt had to sign when your laser was delivered? I'd open the package, put batteries in that sucker and enjoy it.
Seems WL didn't seem too concerned about getting you the product you paid for in a timely fashion.
You then, should not be concerned about returning said item in a timely fashion.
I would suspect you are a young person. If that's the case, you may live another 75 years.
If for some unknown reason you feel guilty about using it, maybe you should follow WL's lead and return it to them. In say, 50 years. LOL
With their new owners, and horrible customer service, I'd be surprised if they are still in business 6 months from now. You're CC company already told you their accounting system is a mess. I'm sure it is. And whoever bought the company has inherited a large can of worms.
Open it up and have fun. As far as I'm concerned, it's legally and morally yours to do with as you please.I have a business attorney I've been using for 20 years. If I told him this happened to me, he'd slap me. And charge me $400.LOL C
Chinese company,going under, trying to collect money from a Canadian for a transaction that occured while under different ownership???!! I'm laughing as I type this.
You have already wasted too much of your own precious time trying to be a good guy.

Now get back to more important things. Fast cars, beautiful women, powerful free lasers. If you feel compelled to worry about something, consider being eaten by a polar bear, global warming, crazy country south of you, etc. :)
+ rep for you for getting a free laser from a bad company that has ripped off many, many people. Including your new brothers on this very forum.
I mean it, open that sucker put a battery in it, buy some quality safety googles and welcome to the forum. I also don't trust the goggles they send.

Youngish 21. No noo they left the package on the door step!!! Yeah I'm done trying to resolve this I just didn't randomly want to be charged to my credit card.. Unfortunately I've got to wait till next weekend to try it out! It was shipped to the U.S. And I'm in Canada. So definitely if I'm not contacted before then I'll be using it.. Regardless I'll probably check it out.. I hear there chargers are pretty terrible to? Idk I'm probably overthinking the whole situation.