Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opus BT - C3100 V2.2 - Two Chargers, Two Failures

Opus BT - C3100 V2.2 Intelligent Battery Charger-37.63 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Bought one of these charges a while back, and unfortunately one of ports stopped working.

It does still work properly with three ports, but I consider that to be a failure.

Bought another one, since I enjoyed the ability to adjust the control it provides, and unfortunately it failed altogether while I was on an extended trip. Found it to have failed altogether in the morning after leaving it charging four panasonic 18650's at 500mA. Screen stopped working, and batteries no longer charged. (If it still worked by detecting battery type, and only the screen failed I would not have been as disappointing. Was very annoying to have to look for a charger while on vacation.)

Edit: Replaced with Fenix ARE-C2, which does not offer any ability to adjust charging current, and detects batteries automatically, but so far it has been rock solid.

Last edited:

Rivem

Wow. I had some issues with my Opus single cell charger as well. Stopped working after a few charges and got a replacement. The Nitecore digicharger has been rock solid though. Taken it on a few trips, charged hundreds of times, and it's still working.

Considering how cheap it seems, definitely been surprising.

I have several Nitecore I4 and I2 chargers, so far have had only one issue, where the spring snapped in one charge port in an i4. Got that one replaced. An alternate issue with the Nitecore I4's and i2's is that the termination voltage is not always right at 4.2v. So the only concern I do have with those, is to make sure not to mix batteries charged on different chargers, in one light.

Crap! I recently got an Opus 3100 v2.2. So far no problems, but now my fingers are crossed.
Ed

Keep an eye on it. My first one lasted a while before one port died, the second went through just a few charge cycles.

I'm using the I4 now as my main charger and only using the opus to do tests. One thing of interest is that the power pack for the opus runs the I4 just fine.
Ed

I have a Nitecore i2 and my dad has a i4. They work great. I'm surprised people even by other brands.

I got the Opus as it could test the cells. Now that's all I will use it for. The I4 charges my cells to 4.2 were as the Opus only goes to 4.15 or so.
I4 for me from now on.
Ed