Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Optotronics 550+mw RPL Green Laser

I would love to post some beam pics, but being in Arizona, there is absolutely NO humidity. I would have to wait for a dust storm, and I am not going out with the laser in that stuff.

I had it in Michigan a few months back and it was like a light saber there...tons of moisture in the air. I could shine it in the air and you could see the beam far far away driving towards me. I felt like the cops were going to show up at any minute! Haha

Oh, it is the brightest I have or ever owned.

just go to your bathroom turn up the hot water for awhile and there you have a room filled with moisture, just be carefull for reflection there:evil:

Keep in mind this member has only 13 posts.

A picture of a hand written note with the laser saying laserpointerfoums.com, a date, and some beam shots would help the sale. I find it hard to believe you cant take a beam shot with that power. Light a cigarette, or some incense in a room. It should be plenty for a beam shot.

Hi TJ,
He's not trying to rip anyone off, he's a good customer and he has the laser.
It's always perturbed me that people want beam shots???
They don't prove a thing.
A beam's brightness is mostly determined by particulate matter in the air that the reflects photons out to the side toward your eyes. With a photograph, it's complicated by the fact that a CCD sensor and photographic lens are much different than the human eye.
With a camera and some particulate matter (humidity, dust, smoke) in the air and the right aperture setting and exposure, a 5mw beam can be made to look as powerful as a light saber, conversely a 500mw beam by manipulation of the particulate matter in the air, aperture setting and exposure can be taken so as to appear very weak, like a 5mw laser would.
You might say the reason for a photograph would be to prove a laser is working....but just because it worked at the time a photo was taken, doesn't mean it will if mishandled or damaged in shipping.

So really, a photograph of the laser is always good just to prove the physical condition, but beam pictures are just a waste of time. They just don't matter because there are so many variables. We all know what a green beam looks like and this RPL surely has one. He's offering a great deal on this laser and it's worth every penny...only thing is it would not be under any manufacturer warranty.

Ok, I've let off my steam about and gave my 2 cents on the subject of the usefulness of beam shots.

Last edited:
Hi TJ,
He's not rying to rip anyone off, he's a good customer and he has the laser.
They don't prove a tihing.
A beam's brightness is mostly determined by particulate matter in the air that the reflects photons out to the side toward your eyes. With a photograph, it's complicated by the fact that a CCD sensor and photographic lens are much different than the human eye.
With a camera and some particulate matter (humidity, dust, smoke) in the air and the right aperture setting and exposure, a 5mw beam can be made to look like as powerful as light saber, conversely a 500mw beam by manipulation of the particulate matter in the air, aperture setting and exposure can be taken so as to appear very weak, like a 5mw laser would.
You might say the reason for a photograph would be to prove a laser is working....but just because it worked at the time a photo was taken, doesn't mean it will if mishandled or damaged in shipping.

So really, a photograph of the laser is always good just to prove the physical condition, but beam pictures are just a waste of time. They just don't matter because there are so many variables. We all know what a green beam looks like and this RPL surely has one. He's offering a great deal on this laser and it's worth every penny...only thing is it would not be under any manufacturer warranty.

Ok, I've let off my steam about and gave my 2 cents on the subject of the usefulness of beam shots.

I think what TJ ment was that there have been allot of scams lately of people showing pictures of laser that they actually dont have, and since this seller just has 13 post and is almost unknown to the people on this forum it would help if he took a picture of the laser with a paper with his lpf name and everything on it wich would make it a more trustworthly sale and wel beamshots are always nice to look at:p

and even with that it is still a risk.

but is you say hes a good guy then i gues this is all good:yh:

I think what TJ ment was that there have been allot of scams lately of people showing pictures of laser that they actually dont have, and since this seller just has 13 post and is almost unknown to the people on this forum it would help if he took a picture of the laser with a paper with his lpf name and everything on it wich would make it a more trustworthly sale and wel beamshots are always nice to look at:p

and even with that it is still a risk.

but is you say hes a good guy then i gues this is all good:yh:
I agree, there are a lot of scams out there and a seller post a picture of the item is always good. My gripe was about posting beam shots to get any idea of actual performance or what the buyer can expect the beam to look like. As for posting pictures with date, forum name or reference is concerned, it's not really needed because if someone what's to take the time and effort to do a scam; it's no big deal to use photoshop to layer in whatever kind of note is asked for to fake the photo. If you really needed that kind of assurance, use PM and get address, phone number and such and do some research on your own before making a purchase...
Anyway, this seller is a good customer and he did buy this RPL from us.

Hi TJ,
He's not trying to rip anyone off, he's a good customer and he has the laser.
They don't prove a thing.
With a camera and some particulate matter (humidity, dust, smoke) in the air and the right aperture setting and exposure, a 5mw beam can be made to look as powerful as a light saber, conversely a 500mw beam by manipulation of the particulate matter in the air, aperture setting and exposure can be taken so as to appear very weak, like a 5mw laser would.

I agree, there are a lot of scams out there and a seller post a picture of the item is always good. My gripe was about posting beam shots to get any idea of actual performance or what the buyer can expect the beam to look like. As for posting pictures with date, forum name or reference is concerned, it's not really needed because if someone what's to take the time and effort to do a scam; it's no big deal to use photoshop to layer in whatever kind of note is asked for to fake the photo. If you really needed that kind of assurance, use PM and get address, phone number and such and do some research on your own before making a purchase...
Anyway, this seller is a good customer and he did buy this RPL from us.

Hey Jack!

I was just going to say, if anyone thinks I am trying to scam them, just drop you an email to verify my credibility.

Thanks for posting. :yh:

Hey Jack!

I was just going to say, if anyone thinks I am trying to scam them, just drop you an email to verify my credibility.

Thanks for posting. :yh:

just drop you an email to verify my credibility?

Could you explain that in detail please? I am having a tough time following what you are trying to say here.. "drop you?"

and how would an email verify your credibility?

Email jack to prove that indeed I purchased the laser from him and that I and the laser do exist.

Is that better?

Hi Jack,

I get your point about beam shots, but they do prove the laser actually functions. It may be lower power, but it does turn on. And you have to give us some credit on picking out the phony pictures. A lot of us are digital art designers, with full knowledge of how pictures are faked, and how to pick out the fakes.

No methods are fool proof, but the more obstacles we can add to deter scammer the better.

Price reduced.

This baby just sits in its case. It needs a home where someone will put it to good use.

Includes goggles also.

I can send references if needed.

You can check out my Ebay name also, "b3nault"

There is only 1 blemish on my Ebay name, from some jackarse that killed my 100% rating. Ha. :D

Bump again! This is becoming tiresome. :)

What do I have to do to get this in the hands of someone who will put it to good use?

ped

Niche' lasers are allways harder to sell, no ones doubting the quality of the laser, its just about the price, it may be worth every penny of the asking price, but its a lot of money.

Laser received. Thank you for a good transaction!

Batteries charging now :)

Last edited: