Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

optical head with plexiglass frame

whenever your ready...im here with cash money(paypal) , ready to buy that amazing laser. def digging the plaxi glass?

Now i'm working on a second version of the plexiglass frame that is fully adjustable. Following the first draft there is no further need for the aixiz screws and the adjustment is much more easier...
More to follow very soon
-Luke

benmwv

Very cool, but I don't think you will see 5 or 6W. I think you may get 4W or a bit less. Is this just for you or do you plan to sell some combiner kits?

I just want one! Tis a beauty! I will agree with Ben on the output. maybe with 2x 9mm445's and good drivers. I allmost want to buy 2 sets of these and make the heatsink take 4x 445's and then combine the 4 beams That would be interesting. Should be easy to set up but it would be an expensive laser!@!!

Today the manufacturer has sent to me the new plexiglass parts for the adjustable beam combiner. The circular frame is 4mm larger and 2mm thickest than the previous one, but it's mechanically compatible. Tomorrow will receive the items...
I'm working now to an improved heatsink with a much better thermal expansion.
A very very nice experiment to obtain an ultra high power could be to chill the diodes below zero with a miniaturized stirling cooler and push up the current... there are experimental stirling coolers with only 6cm diameter...
-Luke

Last edited:
Here is the final version of the plexiglass frame. Now it's adjustable.
The beams alignment is adjusted by four screws (only three are needed, one can be fixed or not mounted).
The screws pass through 4 springs that hold the mirror mount.
Now the alignment of the laser hand-held beam is a question of seconds :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 419
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 474
  • img3.jpg
    img3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 403
  • img4.jpg
    img4.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 415

AnthoT

Looking good :beer:

How are all the other parts coming along? The tailcap battery holder etc :)

Looking good :beer:

How are all the other parts coming along? The tailcap battery holder etc :)

Many thanks :beer:
The final combiner is mechanically compatible with the previous heatsink. As you can see the new combiner has the old mounting holes and some new.
I'm working now on an improved and maybe smaller heatsink. I'm thinking to use a cylindrical fan with an ultra high speed and flow rate (15000 rpm and more than 500 l/min) from Micronel (here the link)
-Luke

Last edited:

AnthoT

The final combiner is mechanically compatible with the previous heatsink. As you can see the new combiner has the old mounting holes and some new.
I'm working now on an improved and maybe smaller heatsink. I'm thinking to use a cylindrical fan with an ultra high speed and flow rate (15000 rpm and more than 500 l/min) from Micronel (here the link)
-Luke

Yup looking good :)

The fan should help keep it cool, have you considered a TEC? :)

Yup looking good :)

The fan should help keep it cool, have you considered a TEC? :)
The TECs require high supply currents and is only 5-10% efficient comparing to a standard 50-60% refrigerator. A Stirling cooler is the best...
With an hand-held you cannot easily obtain further current from batteries. If you take a look at the cylindrical fan you will find that it works with less than 100mA...
What do you think about a compromise solution?

AnthoT

The TECs require high supply currents and is only 5-10% efficient comparing to a standard 50-60% refrigerator. A Stirling cooler is the best...
With an hand-held you cannot easily obtain further current from batteries. If you take a look at the cylindrical fan you will find that it works with less than 100mA...
What do you think about a compromise solution?

No the fan is great :) just wondering about TEC's as they can under driven and get very low temperatures also but the efficiency is definelty better with the fan, especially that one! It seems perfect for this :)

No the fan is great :) just wondering about TEC's as they can under driven and get very low temperatures also but the efficiency is definelty better with the fan, especially that one! It seems perfect for this :)
I'm only in the preliminary considerations... i don't know the price/performance ratio of the two solutions.
Maybe we need a further brainstorming... what do you think?

edit: the fan is also noisy (more than 40dB)... we are disturbing the eyes and also the ears :yh:

Last edited:

AnthoT

I'm only in the preliminary considerations... i don't know the price/performance ratio of the two solutions.
Maybe we need a further brainstorming... what do you think?

Well this thing is gonna be drawing power and quite a bit from just the diodes, I think whichever is more efficient would be best ;)