Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opinons needed (personal matter)

So here is the skinny...

7 monthd ago my neice came to our home because her step father was was mentally sexually abussive to her and her mother (my wifes cousin) couldnt handle the scenario.

flash foward to today and her mother is wants her in her life. my neice is weary of her mothers situation and doesn not want to be confronted by the man that treated her negatively.

she is 15 and to be 16 in may. . .

her mother has threatened to get the cops to pull her from our home if she does not go back to her mothers willingly..

is there anything i can do??

any opinions , professional help, advice will be welcomed.

Couldn't you start a legal fight for custody? I'm no laywer, but from my point of view the case would be in your favor since her father was abusive.
You'd be better off contacting a lawyer for advice though.

as a cop , do you think that if she said " i am not safe at my mothers place" , she would be forced to be taken away if she requested to stay at my and my wifes home?

I'm going to also recommend a lawyer. Its worth it to ask friends / coworkers if they know of a good one. As everywhere there are good ones & worthless ones.
Second thing I would do is contact child protective services at least so they will start a file about the abuse. (unless your lawyer knows of some odd reason this shouldn't be done)

She could also seek emancipation. Free legal aid is available for this option in some states.

Unfortunately if the mother pushes the police on it technically must do as law states even if she says "I am not safe at my mothers place" of course depending on the officer they could also give her mother & step father a hard time & also pretend they can't force her to return to her mothers home.

is there anything i can do?
Yes! There is certainly ways to keep her from having to go back there. If you are determined then she Will Not return there.

Lawyers of course do cost money & this is certainly not the best financial times for many.
What kind of friends do you have? & your neices friends & their parents? They can not drag her back if they can not find her.
You can say she isn't there & the cops may not like you for it but they can't come in & look for her without a search warrant to search the premise for her. You may step outside to speak to the police, they technically can't enter without you allowing them or a warrant. Now of course you want the police on your side, stay cool & polite even if they aren't.

Now when you say "mentally sexually abussive" you don't mean "mentally & sexually abussive"?
You mean not physical sexual abuse but verbally or otherwise mental sexual abuse correct?

Last edited:
Voice of experience, at age 15 she can tell a CPS worker exactly what is going on, and get a restraining order drawn up.

That will be the quickest way to start the ball rolling.

A lawyer is highly recommended, however I got custody of my son without any lawyer at all, the threat of public exposure scared mom enough to sign off without much struggle at all.

My "step daughter" (she's offended, reading this over my shoulder right now) "daughter" had her biological father running from the law, she talked to a social worker and made her statements, the police filed abuse charges, WHAM!

This family is sound and tight here, without a lot of effort. the kids are 10 & 14.

There are outreach programs, and a teen of that age can tell it like it is, most judges listen to these kids.

Best of luck, shoot me a pm if you want to talk more.

I certainly hope child protective services will be enough I wanted to give other options because I know in some areas child protective services can be... well damn near worthless. Now I believe / hope that those areas are far & few between.

threat of public exposure scared mom enough to sign off without much struggle at all.
Completely forgot about that direction.

So glad your online photonaholic & could share your experience.

You can certainly keep your niece safe, have no doubt.

Last edited:
Well like I said, My ex got scared, she was living with a level 3 sex offender and is a selfish tramp to boot, My boy gave the case worker a seven page statement about his mom, the case worker was an angel. (I even mailed her a thank you card)

And the case worker signed us up for this Christmas thing, CPS gave us so much stuff it filled up my SUV, there was a butterball turkey, a ton of toys, and 2 Wal Mart gift cards for $100 each.

Dorothy's ex husband had been physically molesting their daughter, so they are holding a cell door open just for him, I'm sure "bubba" can hardly wait to show him what it's like to get violated in many strange ways.

Kids are survivors, these two act so much like a real brother/sister pair it's scary.

One day soon, I want to file adoption papers, so she can have my last name & complete the process.

My ex is running off to Texas to go move in with some dude she only knows through text messaging and photo exchange via cell phone (SCARY EH??) she's a man jumper.

Up until recently my son had never completed a full school year in one district! Poor guy would make friends and wind up moving half way through the school season because mom could never stay her ass at any one place.

Even now, she blew her tax return on herself, My boy got nothing. (she even had the nut to ask me to set up her new ipod!)

Last edited:
Many inmates are fathers too, and if they are already doing life for murder, what do they have to lose??

Yes exactly! Plus they are saving us from have to pay to house & feed the pedos. And of course making sure they NEVER get out on parole.

Thanks for the great advice and opinions guys.

I will be talking to CPF today about options as well.

My little sister is really my cousin, but we took custody of her when her step mom was beating her. To this day, if people yell at her and she thinks you are going to hit her, she will actually have seizures :( its really sad, her real mom was the same way.

it sucks how little value many people have of children.

I'd die for mine without hesitation.

I vote mandatory "junk removal" be a new law.

I'm all for that, but a lot of its a mind trip too, and you cant do anything to change that outside water boarding. And neither of those two are going to happen. Jail is the only real alternative.