Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ophir DG-HH Input Voltage?

Hi Everyone,

I have two older Ophir DG-HH LPMs that do not have power supplies with them. I have disassembled one and found the proper connector, but I am not sure of the voltage it requires. I believe it is 12V, but I'm not certain, and I certainly don't want to fry one trying it out. Does anyone know or could anyone help me figure it out by way of examining the components inside? Once I figure this out, I can put together a power supply and have a nice LPM! Thanks!

Gazen

Hello IHeartLasers,

Please make an introduction post in the welcome section, it is polite to do so.

Good luck with your lpm. Have you tried looking up the spec sheet online?

Last edited:
Will do. I've been just browsing these forums for forever without ever really posting, so it feels like I've been a member for a while. Lol.

I have, and I also came across a general page on Ophir's website about power supplies, but it actually led me to order the wrong power supply, so I don't want to also get the wrong voltage, as that could be a more serious issue. I know the connector I need and the polarity of the connector/input by disassembling the housing.

Do you have a model number for your Ophir sensor? That would be helpful as there are so very many of them. At the very least a photo might give us a clue as to what you have.

Do you have a model number for your Ophir sensor? That would be helpful as there are so very many of them. At the very least a photo might give us a clue as to what you have.

The model is DG-HH. I listed it in my original post, but I don't think it's a very common model, as it's very difficult to find any info on it. It's an older model. It uses the 10A sensor.

I picked it up for very cheap from some guy who was getting out of the hobby a year or so ago, and I figured I could come up with a power supply for it. Just now getting around to it.

Last edited:
I'm interested in knowing more about this unit, could you post a photograph of the sensor?

Edit: I found it, google is my friend, was easy:

Last edited:
I'm interested in knowing more about this unit, could you post a photograph of the sensor?

Edit: I found it, google is my friend, was easy:

Yep, that's it. I have one that's a little scarred and one that's in good shape for its age.

I also have a Laserbee 3.7W USB. I'm interested in seeing how the numbers compare. There are 3 pots on top of the DG-HH unit for adjustment, but I'm not sure what each is for. Of course, I would like to have fairly accurate readings, but I'm only using it for hobby-grade lasers, so I definitely won't be sending it anywhere to pay for calibration.

I also have a Laserbee 3.7W USB. I'm interested in seeing how the numbers compare. There are 3 pots on top of the DG-HH unit for adjustment, but I'm not sure what each is for. Of course, I would like to have fairly accurate readings, but I'm only using it for hobby-grade lasers, so I definitely won't be sending it anywhere to pay for calibration.

If your LaserBee 3.7W USB and sensor haven't
been subjected to misuse and the sensor active
area is pristine... you could use it to calibrate
your Ophir.

Jerry

Last edited:
When these sensors used by industry are past their ability to give accurate results, they are then often dumped on the market for hobbiests. I can't say how badly these could be off and the fact that they are obsolete now tends to make them seem like they may never be able to read properly even if you sent them for calibration. But, for free, they are certainly worth tinkering with so see if you can get at least one to measure broadband lasers again.