Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Opera tutorials, try and tell me

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

Actually, the "browser only" part of Opera is at the same level of chrome, BUT, Opera is just more than a browser :)

I hate some stuff they've done on the new update. For example when loading images they kind of 'tear' (horizontal black lines). Also, they've moved the Search on the context menu up to the top, WHAT THE HELL, I try to copy something and then I find myself searching Google for it.

hey everyone have ther fav. browser lets not discrinate. and plus all browers a different so people love safari because they love apple, or IE becuse the love Microsoft, i love chrome because google is aswome. and it has and extention the hidess all ads. !! and firefox is good too

D

Deleted member 8382

loving a product because you love the brand is very stupid IMO

I'm still happy with Chrome - it's as light and fast as it's ever been :)

(But Opera's not too bad either, I'll admit. Better than the new versions of FireFox - they now feel too "heavy")

D

Deleted member 8382

If it wasn't because I need the IRC, RSS and mail client a couple of things I miss on chrome, I'd use it. I have to admit the browser itself is a bit faster. Some examples of these things are:

1.-The password manager (in opera you just hit ctrl+enter and the form is filled plus the login button is clicked, in chrome you still need to go and click it).

2.-Mouse gestures (going back and forward by just clicking left+right or right+left on the mouse).

3.-Live search. You hit the dot key, then write anything and the results are marked. If it's a link, you just hit enter and it's like clicking on it. On chrome, to do the same, you need to press ctrl+f, then manually clicking on it. That's about the most important thing for me, I move this way trough all the webs I usually visit. I almost don't need to touch the mouse this way, saving a lot of time.

D

Deleted member 8382

no you lve the product becuase the company made a good product
You actually said that some people like safari just because they love apple. I know there are really people like that, but I consider that very stupid.

IMO, the brand doesn't mean anything.

yeah chrome is my fav. i like that i doenn't have bookmarks and the status bar is small

boscoj

I lubs me some Opera.

Been using since 9.10

love the Speed Dial, auto refresh, no pop ups . . .

not a fan of the memory leak . . . currently using 698MB on 9.64< version of choice

but haven't run a virus scanner since about 2008 . . .

run ccleaner, spybot once in a while . . .

plus I have all my temp/cache files etc going to a ram disk so it is super fast . . .

love Opera

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

yeah the security in Opera was always a plus, although nowadays chrome is at the same level

Mixed feelings. Loved it at first. Simple format like Chrome and a little more intuitive. Pretty much able to figure out how it works without reading FAQ's (If all else fails, read the instructions) A number of times got a message unable to contact server when accessing Hotmail. I switched to IE8 or Chrome and had no problems. Also, the little circle goodie in Vista and Win 7 seems to be spinning a lot more than usual. checked Task Manager processes and couldn't find the offending process(even with processes from all users visible) Anyway, it didn't seem to matter, the cursor still worked and I was on my merry way. After all is said and done and getting over the quirks and bugs, believe this browser will potentially become a dominant voice on the browser scene. Beats the h@## out of Netscape with Veronica. Can't help but love the way the tabs are arraigned at the top and the auto sign in for forums.

Just got this message when I went to choose an emotion to close this with: The server requested a login authentication method that is not supported.

Oh Well, I'm willing to stick with it. I've got a two monitor set up and frequently run browsers sided by side to see which one works the best. Will update as more data comes in.:yh:

@Nocturnal

Please don't necropost... it's annoying.

Next time check when the last post on the thread was made prior to posting.

I use the 64 bit version of opera next :) very good. I had to go through and set all the settings to my liking though. NotScripts a must and ghostery. Opera glass looks great. Plus since so few people use it compared to others it is less likely that an exploit will be made for it. Hackers will always more than likely choose to attack the most popular software. Since it will have the greatest affect.

I use the 64 bit version of opera next :) very good. I had to go through and set all the settings to my liking though. NotScripts a must and ghostery. Opera glass looks great. Plus since so few people use it compared to others it is less likely that an exploit will be made for it. Hackers will always more than likely choose to attack the most popular software. Since it will have the greatest affect.

Did you read the 3 posts above yours?

Last one was over a year ago AND it was about a necropost...

Last edited: