Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Online status

I think it would be cool to see if someone is online without having to click their username. Just a suggestion though. Maybe a little green or red icon light by their name like you see when you click their name. :)

Things

that sounds like a nice idea! and while we are at it, is it possible to make the "online users" so you can see what people are looking at? i have seen it on most other forums, and it is useful for people wanting to know if anyone is looking at their thread or something?

FokoF

I dont get it, the home page has a list of people online at the bottom :eek:

S

SenKat

things said:
that sounds like a nice idea! and while we are at it, is it possible to make the "online users" so you can see what people are looking at? i have seen it on most other forums, and it is useful for people wanting to know if anyone is looking at their thread or something?

Things - if you look at the first post in any thread - you will see the users that are viewing the thread at the time, and you will even see (replying) when someone is ....well, REPLYING (LOL !!!) to the message :)

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Y

yew.sir-name

SenKat said:
[quote author=things link=1192863660/0#1 date=1192867109]that sounds like a nice idea! and while we are at it, is it possible to make the "online users" so you can see what people are looking at? i have seen it on most other forums, and it is useful for people wanting to know if anyone is looking at their thread or something?

Things - if you look at the first post in any thread - you will see the users that are viewing the thread at the time, and you will even see (replying) when someone is ....well, REPLYING (LOL !!!) to the message :)

[smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

Maybe that's a mod only feature, all i can see is the total number of times read. I can see who's online via the front page though.

T

timelord

SenKat said:
[quote author=things link=1192863660/0#1 date=1192867109]that sounds like a nice idea! and while we are at it, is it possible to make the "online users" so you can see what people are looking at? i have seen it on most other forums, and it is useful for people wanting to know if anyone is looking at their thread or something?

[smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]
I'm afraid that only us Mods can see who's viewing and replying in a thread ;)

Humm does it not show who is online at the bottom of the home page?

Users online

Members: 21
Greenie, chronos, Shilood, marianne, rubberband, Beaver24, RobTheVIP, josh, me_too_lazy, dingle, MarioMaster, Laq, LarryQ, pseudonomen137, vetch, Merl, Mister Burns, Timelord, JacKz5o, High Octane, Cxrazy
Guests: 7

And and shhhh... we are being watched :D

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
this is a cool suggestion but i doubt there is a mod for it, i will let u know if i find one