Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ongoing purchase for Sony 16X dvd diodes

Gazoo

Mike,
Thankfully the Pelican did not make too many stops to eat birds on the way over here.. ;D

S

SenKat

Any orders that came in last week were shipped today - ALL diodes have been shipped ! :)

Patience is the key, folks - first class / sirmail shipping is not the fastest in the world, so that is how the price remained as low as it was.

G !

SenKat, please let me know when you are taking new orders.
I just need one for now. PayPal ready and waiting!
Thank you sir!

:)

S

SenKat

Until I hear back from my distributor, all orders are frozen....sorry guys....

SenKat said:
Any orders that came in last week were shipped today - ALL diodes have been shipped ! :)

Patience is the key, folks - first class / sirmail shipping is not the fastest in the world, so that is how the price remained as low as it was.

G !
Great, I ordered mine Friday. I think I made the deadline?

A PM from a_pyro_is

" Well, I just killed my first one with only about 250mA. But that might have been just ESD (ElectroStatic Discharge) "

Could this be right? I only ordered one and I wanna make sure.

S

SenKat

Yes - ALL diodes that were bought have been shipped out ! :)

And yes, ESD can murder these little fellas - that is why it has been stressed frequesntly to get more than one to mess with..."stuff" happens in this hobby when you experiment with these things...

Quote from SenKat above:
"Until I hear back from my distributor, all orders are frozen....sorry guys...."

I'm in the market too but for now we'll just have to wait or start harvesting from DVD burners..

:)

Iv been reading the forums on this site since the begining of september and i have to say there is alot of good stuff on here. i finaly made a profile...

ill be ordering 2 or 3 if they get back on

vizp

Thanx, G.! One diode arrived wrapped in aluminum foil (safe from ESD) in a tiny plastic box within a padded envelope. Now to figure out the details of driver construction/purchase and whether a total noob can fit the diode in a pointer config. Thanks, G.!

S

SenKat

Glad they are starting to arrive for everyone....I STILL have not heard back from either distributor - keep your fingers crossed, guys.... :( :'(

Electro Static Discharge. Zapping the diode with a static electricity shock. Stop it by grounding yourself well before and during playing with diodes. I.e. touch the bare metal on the back of your computer. Even better, get a grounding wrist strap and clip that onto something grounded, then no static will build up.