Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

one battery driver.

toutan

I am looking for a driver working with one battery.
Electric currents more than 3A~4A

cckm.jpg

This driver does not seem to be sold for a long time.

Last edited:

What voltage of battery ???
You will get bad information if you
don't supply enough data.....

Jerry

Are you looking for a boost driver, or is the Vf low enough to be buck or linear? What diode are you trying to drive? What current are you planning on driving it at? Too many questions left unanswered.

DTR

Are you are looking for a driver like the SXB(Super X-Boosts) to run one of the high power 445nm-465nm diodes off a single Li-ion? Flaminpyro was the only one selling the SXB but guess you checked with him and he is out.

I never liked selling them due to the huge current demand which could be up to maybe as high as 10A. Beyond the need for good quality cells all the connections in the host including the switch needed to be able to handle it. Saw a lot of melted switches and people trying to figure out why they were running full power when tested outside the host and when put in the host getting lower power which ended up being due to some bottleneck in the host.

I also saw a lot of issues when people were setting them up. A lot of out of regulation issues when setting them on a test load causing them not to realize the driver was set to much higher than they though which could damage a diode when connected. I would hear "the driver goes to X current and then just stop while turning the pot higher". What was really happening was it was in regulation up to a certain output current then it switched out of regulation and was no longer being limited by the set value of the pot but by the ratio of input voltage to the load voltage and leaving the driver set to an unknown current above what was showing. Anyway my rambling is not helpful to your question as I am not sure if there is something out there that is a near equivalent.