Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

On Sale Now - The Cypreus II - A Copper Laser host by Sinner [25/25 Shipped]

sinner

Dave you were right, It is just beautiful finishing. The Meeny, The Miney and the Mo are on the way to you as we speak :D

IWIRE

Told you so :na: Thanks for the compliment. You made my job easy. When the piece has beautiful machining to begin with, the polishing goes pretty quick. I'm usually not into the shiny look, but I think it was the right choice in this instance. The color of the copper and the reflections make it very pleasing to the eye and interesting. IMHO.
Thanks for getting the rest of the gang on the way so quick ! My diodes are at the post office waiting for me to pick them up :) This will be my first lower watt build. Should be a learning experience if nothing else :) I always name my builds. That's really what they will be called :crackup:

JimMc

Anybody have any tips on how to connect the negative wire of the driver board to the body of the Cypreus II? The copper absorbs so much heat that it laughs at my soldering iron, and I've got a beefy soldring iron. I fluxed, scraped, every trick I knew of and just couldn't get solder to stick.

-Jim

sinner

I just sandwiched the wire before pressing the contact board in.

sinner

Told you so :na: Thanks for the compliment. You made my job easy. When the piece has beautiful machining to begin with, the polishing goes pretty quick. I'm usually not into the shiny look, but I think it was the right choice in this instance. The color of the copper and the reflections make it very pleasing to the eye and interesting. IMHO.
Thanks for getting the rest of the gang on the way so quick ! My diodes are at the post office waiting for me to pick them up :) This will be my first lower watt build. Should be a learning experience if nothing else :) I always name my builds. That's really what they will be called :crackup:

I am diggin those names! they'lll be at your doorstep before the weekend. :beer:

sinner

Just built a 3w.

Whoever thought of that module is a genius!

The genius himself, Tony is the name :D Man I am so grateful we had the discussion. Your ideas were so great that I just had to, yet, keeping the exact dimensions and outlook of the host. Brilliant! :bowdown:

IWIRE

I am diggin those names! they'lll be at your doorstep before the weekend. :beer:

Really ! Wow that's fast ! Thank you Sir. I'm diggin those hosts :) It's Tmack's fault ! Him and his darn "sets" ! I had to try my luck at building a set. Thought I better start off small :) Mines a "mini set". :)
I come up with some crazy names for stuff. My brain ain't right. :)

Just built a 3w.

Whoever thought of that module is a genius!

Really ! DTR thought of the module ! I didn't know that. :crackup:
Great idea Tmack. REP +1 :beer:

Oh yea Tmack, DTR had a name change. He went from "three day" to "two day". Before long the stuff will just show up automatically when I think about placing an order. :crackup:

Last edited:

Tmack

Haha. If that's the case diodes should be showing up daily. (they do already lol)

Hey sinner made the final design. I just put a couple bugs in his ear. Credit goes to "Michaelangelo"

My 2.8w build turned out awesome.

I have people inquiring about these, so I'll definitely be buying more.

IWIRE

Rofl ! Ain't that the truth !
So many diodes :)
It's ok Tmack, you don't have to be modest. The master already gave you props. The cats out of the bag. :)
I'll go search for your build thread. Glad it turned out good !

Tmack

You'll be searching a long time.

Between 13 maglites, 6 Zasers, 2 envy, i don't have time to make a thread :p

IWIRE

You'll be searching a long time.

Between 13 maglites, 6 Zasers, 2 envy, i don't have time to make a thread :p
I see how you are now. Tmacks true colors come to light. (Pun intended) :) You pose as this friendly helpful person. Then tease a fellow laser junkie like me by dangling the laser in front of me and jerking it back. That's just wrong however you figure it. :crackup:

Last edited: