Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Omni-643 ar/kr remote pinout

Hey guys,
I've stumbled upon a whitelight omni 643 for very very cheap. I'm going to check it out tomorrow, and would love to try to power it up before handing the money over.

Does anyone have the pinout info for the omni power supply that goes with the 643 head? Thanks!

If I can't power it up, I can at least hit the tube with a oudin coil, but obviously powering up is the best option!

which supply does it come with and is it set for the appropriate head? the 170 and 171 have several different versions, both for the 543 and 643 heads. make sure it comes with the right one. it will say on the label on the back which supply it is for. I have a pinout for the 25 pin internals somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. any pictures? does it have the light feedback on the front still? how many hours? get as much info as you can.

About 1800 hours, pics below! This is everything I have, but was pulled as a working setup.

2hEH80y.jpg

nN1OA2H.jpg

75bYTp1.jpg

UZckFSI.jpg

RMGgdkV.jpg

BdCj6t5.jpg

iZcEKrv.jpg

That's everything I have! Hope this helps

Oh one other question, what do you think about that model number? I can't find any info on it anywhere... it doesn't seem to follow the standard "RYB"-type naming convention as all the others I've seen. I can't even begin to guess what 643A-MOLD-A01 means.

643R means its a red line only. MOLD is the application/machine order part that it goes into for ordering purposes.
. A01 is the option/power level. Sounds like its filled to produce red only. The 643-RS-A01 was a standard head that was rated 100mW. So it probably is that one, renamed for that particular application/configuration.

1900 ish hours isnt bad, but it might be a little moody, especially if its a kr only fill. youll need alot of airflow for these. mine has some 300 cfm of airflow iirc! That's an oem supply, and id have to look at it closer.

Last edited:
643R means its a red line only. MOLD is the application/machine order part that it goes into for ordering purposes.
. A01 is the option/power level. Sounds like its filled to produce red only. The 643-RS-A01 was a standard head that was rated 100mW. So it probably is that one, renamed for that particular application/configuration.

1900 ish hours isnt bad, but it might be a little moody, especially if its a kr only fill. youll need alot of airflow for these. mine has some 300 cfm of airflow iirc! That's an oem supply, and id have to look at it closer.

Makes sense! Do these have external mirrors? it's only 150 bucks, but I'm not sure if I want another big ion laser for just a red line. Already have a garage full of 165's and 168's :eek:

diachi

Makes sense! Do these have external mirrors? it's only 150 bucks, but I'm not sure if I want another big ion laser for just a red line. Already have a garage full of 165's and 168's :eek:

They are external mirror tubes, although that doesn't do you a whole lot of good if the gas mix is for red. :whistle:

They are external mirror tubes, although that doesn't do you a whole lot of good if the gas mix is for red. :whistle:

I know :p

Was just hoping I might be able to squeeze a yellow line out of it or something!

Gotta decide in the next few minutes if I even want to go through the trouble of going to look at it. Already have a whitelight laserphysics (that I still haven't played around with...)

Many of these have both gasses installed and a change of mirrors will allow you to change wavelengths, but what efficiency and so on I have no idea. it may have argon inside, it may not. But I imagine it probably does. They're a great laser if they work, but I have very little information on this version.

The leica microscopes used the RYB version, which is where most of the ones that you see come from. But I've seen them come from other stuff too. Some are even fiber coupled. They made these in so many configurations you could get them pretty much any way you wanted...