Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Omg

what are you saying guys .. people are spending $500 upwards to buy helmets from him @ $4 per laser diode (5mw 650nm)

on a side note : Took my 75 year old father who was suffering from possible blood veins blockade in calf muscles, Doctor recommended Physiotherapy and laser.

Surprisingly in just two days he felt good after laser treatment of 15 minutes each day.
It was a red laser of some sort (technician didn't let me see/touch the equipment) but I doubt it was 50x 5mw 650-850 nm hand held gun.

Point is it works (though even doctor failed to explain me how)

you guys might throw some light?

I know some doctor in Italy, I think, said he came up with a cure for varicose veins and some skin cancer using blue laser light at 445nm :crackup:,, what happened to blue light hazard?

the pet lasers are odd to though, have a vet in my area that uses them what the hell man, is everyone nuts are are laser the new cure for everything, even blindness. :crackup:

Found two study papers which support the healing facts and process, Some Bionanotechnologist or someone similar can explain the process here in simple english B-)

Types of Hair Loss and Treatment Options, Including the Nove... : Southern Medical Journal

from the above link some Key Points

* Low-level light therapy (LLLT) appears safe and effective for the treatment of hair loss.

* LLLT may serve as an adjunct to other treatment modalities.

* More cellular and human research is necessary to elucidate the mechanism of LLLT.

* Low-Level Light Therapy

In 2007, low-level light therapy (LLLT) was approved by the FDA as a treatment for hair loss.LLLT is also known as low level laser therapy, red light therapy, cold laser, soft laser, biostimulation, and photobiomodulation.Most experts agree that LLLT is safe for the treatment of hair loss, but more studies are needed to confirm its therapeutic effects.
LLLT was discovered in the 1960s and first used by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to accelerate wound healing in space.Since then, LLLT has been used to reduce neurogenic pain, reduce inflammation, and promote wound healing.

* Before describing the mechanisms of LLLT, a brief discourse into its terminology will be taken. The term “laser” refers to the fact that monochromatic light is used.
This is in contrast to light emitting diode (LED). The term “low level” alludes to the fact there is a specific wavelength of light that has optimal therapeutic effects, and any level higher or lower than this may not be proficient.
This therapeutic window ranges roughly from 600 to less than 1,400 nm, and is close to the absorption spectrum of hemoglobin and water.

* The Mechanism of LLLT

There are several theories that explain the mechanisms of LLLT: cytochrome c oxidase-mediated increase in adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production, the singlet oxygen hypothesis, the redox properties alteration hypothesis, and nitrous oxide (NO) hypothesis.
Cytochrome c oxidase is part of the respiratory chain that ultimately results in ATP production. It is hypothesized that the light absorbed by this moiety may ultimately result in increased ATP production, which may alter cell metabolism.
"This is a concept similar to photosynthesis in plants."

* "Unresolved questions regarding the properties of light being used include: wavelength, laser vs noncoherent, dose, pulsed vs continuous wave (CW), and polarization status."
All of these conditions and cell culture condition will determine the effect of LLLT. Usually wavelengths in the 600-1000 nm range and powers from 5–500 mW are used.Evans and Abrahamse studied the effect of light with wavelengths of 638.2, 830, and 1064 nm at 5, 10, and 16 J/cm2 intensities to compare control vs wounded fibroblasts.
They found the most stimulatory effect on wounded fibroblasts using 5 J/cm2 of 632.8 nm light. They also found the dose of 16 J/cm2 to cause DNA damage and reversible cell damage (in most instances).
Similarly, in assessing free radical formation, Haywood et al found no detectable free radicals after exposure of human skin biopsy to 694 nm light at 11–14 J/cm2 in 0.9 ms pulses using electron spin resonance spectroscopy.

One more link supporting the above study.

Introduction to Experimental and Clinical Studies Using Low-Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT)

Disclaimer : I'm not part of any propaganda machinery in favor or oppose to use of laser / light diode for medical usefulness.
I'm just and ordinary user / consumer who wants to filter facts from myths, So that I can get best available treatment for my money.

Thankful to all guys here and the forum mods/admins

Regards
Max Steve

Last edited: