Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Olytec co ltd

I just had a little online chat with these guys. They sell on Aliexpress. At first glance, their prices might lead one to believe that they are somewhat legitmate. Think again.

One hand held unit on there is what triggered my suspicions. WAY too cheap. 1000mW 532nm for $59.99. Yea...ok. I brought the guy up in a chat and asked him if it would really read 1000mW on my LPM (don't have one yet :)).

Me: Will this unit really read 1000mW on my LPM ?
Him: No, but it's very powerful unit. It will burn matches.
Me: A real 150mW will burn matches. What is the REAL output ?
Him: 250mW
Me: Ok. Thank you.

So you're blatantly false advertising a (supposed) 250mW unit as a 1000mW unit....and then when I call you out on it, you admit it...then I find more false advertising elsewhere...read on......

He then proceeded to send me a link to try and sell me a blue that would supposedly output 1000mW. I said thanks, and closed the chat. I then found a pair of safety glasses that are good from 190 to 2000nm ! REALLY ?!?!? So, the lenses block out ALL visable light and then some. Good stuff !!!! Here's the link if you want a laugh. Aliexpress.com : Buy IPL safety glasses (190 2000nm. O.D 4+ CE ) from Reliable IPL safety glasses suppliers on OLYTEC CO LTD

For all the new guys (of which I am one). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...do NOT buy into the cheap Chinese online site claims. I wouldn't give you 5 cents for a pair of some of the safety glasses they're trying to pass off, much less their claims of huge power for crazy low prices. These people are going to get someone hurt.....and probably already have. At the very least, there's a 99% chance that you're going to be VERY disappointed when you find out what you've ordered was nothing more than a bunch of hyped up nonsense.

I just put out around $120 for 2 pairs of "Eagle Pair" safety glasses from Survival Laser....and you know what....worth every penny knowing that they're quality products from a reputable seller and they will do what they claim.

Ok...it's probably all been said before, but for what I've learned over the past few months snooping around here, and doing other research...it needs to be said again. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. If you want to try out some of the cheap Chinese stuff, go for it, but pay the price and get yourself some "known good" safety glasses from a trusted supplier.

Cheers.
BSD

Last edited:

It's funny. On DHGate, there's a *5000mW green laser* but in the item's description it says this item outputs nowhere near 5000mW

And I bet it's nowhere near 250mW, a 250mW 532nm would cost over 100$

Yeah I am looking it as Stand w/ Free laser. It is a 405nm though not 523nm. I'll let you know how it turns out.
I've been pretty lucky on aliexpress, no overt scams, and I've won every dispute I have filed (7 for 7).

Yeah I am looking it as Stand w/ Free laser. It is a 405nm though not 523nm. I'll let you know how it turns out.
I've been pretty lucky on aliexpress, no overt scams, and I've won every dispute I have filed (7 for 7).

I was referring to the original first post, not the 405nm :) I love PayPal for that it saves everybody $$$ lol

Last edited:
Well I got it...
Let's run down the details...
Packaging Time: 5 days (they claim shipped in 2 days, mail tracking shows they took 5 days - typical behavior for most aliexpress sellers)
Delivery Time (China Post): 12 days
Customs: No holds, no issues. (tracking does not even show a customs pass thru)
Missing parts: Manual (I think that was a typo, as neither product needs one).
Extras included (not listed in ad): battery pack for laser.
Test the laser with my HLPM-II
With a 3.5v supply (non-battery) it shows 85mW, with 5v it shows 100mW.

Attachments

• IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1582.JPG
    IMG_1582.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 159
Funny. I was about to order a CO2 laser tube.
Tube 150, shipping 250$. You made me think twice :/