Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O'like 500mw Crown Upgraded DOA

Hey guys I just got my greenie from o'like yesterday. Charged that bad boy up and the laser runs all of 1 second and drains power all the way to 0. It's been doing that right out of the box. I only just sent an email before I posted this. So let's see what our outcome is. The host is really amazing. Threads seem perfect and it feels awesome in the hand. But must say now :yabbem:that I have it in my hands and it's not working is frustrating. I wish I knew what it was doing but I'll keep you updated on its status.

That's on my agenda today. Seems like that was a possibility. Thanks for the suggestion tho. Anyone know of ant commercial stores with 18650's?

Hey guys I just got my greenie from o'like yesterday. Charged that bad boy up and the laser runs all of 1 second and drains power all the way to 0. It's been doing that right out of the box. I only just sent an email before I posted this. So let's see what our outcome is. The host is really amazing. Threads seem perfect and it feels awesome in the hand. But must say now :yabbem:that I have it in my hands and it's not working is frustrating. I wish I knew what it was doing but I'll keep you updated on its status.

I got a 50mW from O-like and same thing is happening, i'm gonna order some 18650 tomorrow, and if it isnt the battery, im gonna send it to o.like so they fix it... if u get ur hands on some batteries before I do please pm me :p

Good luck

I sure hope the batteries fix your problem, return shipping to o-like can be nightmarishly long. :/

Also the batteries I ordered on amazon and a new charger will be in by the end of the week. If that's the fix great.

My feeling is that it's not a battery issue. The battery and charger that come from O-like with the laser may not be of the highiest quality, but sure it's of a fair quality. Besides, the battery comes fully charged and that should be enough for an initial use of at least an hour (not continuously, of course). So if your laser died after one second, it's not a battery issue.

I would measure the battery voltage with a multimeter, before ordering another battery.

Update! Battery was good from the factory. Not sure why it didn't work right off the bat but after exhausting my solutions I took the charger apart found a bad solder and used a different battery I know works. Epic laser. Super bright and there's a lot of burning power behind it. Seems like there's quite a bit of ir. but I'm gonna meter it when I get back from my work travels.

Update! Battery was good from the factory. Not sure why it didn't work right off the bat but after exhausting my solutions I took the charger apart found a bad solder and used a different battery I know works. Epic laser. Super bright and there's a lot of burning power behind it. Seems like there's quite a bit of ir. but I'm gonna meter it when I get back from my work travels.
Hi, i'm very glad that you got your laser working, fortunate my Sanyo 18650 arrived and the laser works perfectly.

PS O-like partially refunded me the 18650 cell =D

O'like refunded me 3 dollars. I feel like that's a bit unsatisfactory. I was the one to fix the laser and I had 2 weeks after I recieved it to figure it out.