Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Older member's do you remember??

GSS

I'm just learning about these shows (actually I've been watching that channel for a year), and they are way better than what's on today, though the effects and scenery is sometimes just silly. I can't stand Batman, every part of it.

Back to the original question, I think the smaller people can see smaller details more easily because they are both closer to objects, and are able to focus closer. But, the giants have bigger eyes which should gather more light and have better resolution because of a larger retina surface area, but then again if their optics are scaled up perfectly including the retina, then maybe the extra light wouldn't make much difference in brightness or resolution. Cameras with bigger pixel sizes have better low light sensitivity, so maybe giants could too? And image processing speed would likely be much slower for a giant because of the greater distance between the eyes and nerves and all that.
HaHa, no one seemed to catch what I asked at the end:)...I would also think the little people would see better very close being if the eye's on both the giants and little people are in scale to their size.:thinking:
Lost In Space is notorious for cheasy props and plots now but when you were a kid back then in the 60's and 70's it was so cool to see gadgets like that. We had dial house phones only:eek: Color TV was relatively new then and show's like Batman and Lost In Space took advantage with the funky purple and other colors.
A few episode's of Voyage to the Bottom of the sea I have to admit are boring to me now.

Last edited:

Many of these shows I haven't seen since they were in first runs. For some, that was 60 years ago. I was a little too old to enjoy "Lost In Space". It was silly in my mind and I couldn't watch it. BTW, Peter. + Rep.

GSS

Many of these shows I haven't seen since they were in first runs. For some, that was 60 years ago. I was a little too old to enjoy "Lost In Space". It was silly in my mind and I couldn't watch it. BTW, Peter. + Rep.
True, and even in just the what 8 years? we have in age difference its still a big gap to what we might like. I was to young when Star Trek came out so I had to enjoy it in re runs, and I was to old for the Star Wars movies, not the movie's them selves but as far as the toys.
Are school even brought us on a trip to see 2001: Space odyssey and really had no clue what it was about. We were like 7? Still don't know what the school was thinking..
Sometimes though it's funny to watch just for the silly props and have a laugh:)
Thx for the reps Paul;)

Last edited: