Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Old story but still a big problem for laser fans

Not new last year I think-- State Patrol Airplane Hit with Laser « NewAje ............... normally I would not post this to discourge any copycats-- but this should serve as a warning that doing it will get your dumbass in a jamb and rightly so. anyone with youngsters at home needs to do much more than tell them to not touch daddy's lasers-- lock them(the lasers NOT the kids) up=--just like your guns- doing anything less is not too smart-kids always do the darndest things IMO.---HZ

Not new last year I think-- State Patrol Airplane Hit with Laser « NewAje ............... normally I would not post this to discourge any copycats-- but this should serve as a warning that doing it will get your dumbass in a jamb and rightly so. anyone with youngsters at home needs to do much more than tell them to not touch daddy's lasers-- lock them(the lasers NOT the kids) up=--just like your guns- doing anything less is not too smart-kids always do the darndest things IMO.---HZ

Its true!!! I thought that ehh my lil sis wont touch them she is NOT allowd in my room and i have tought her about them and let her know that she can NEVER touch them. I forgot to lock my bed room door ONCE and she went in, stole two of my laser and took them to school and broke them BOTH! Now the door is always locked and even if I forget to lock the door I have two lock boxes in my room. One for ALL my lasers and one for the keys to my lasers.

^^^ Ouch! that sux. I've got no kids to worry about here ;) only my Gf and the dogs/cats

Its true!!! I thought that ehh my lil sis wont touch them she is NOT allowd in my room and i have tought her about them and let her know that she can NEVER touch them. I forgot to lock my bed room door ONCE and she went in, stole two of my laser and took them to school and broke them BOTH! Now the door is always locked and even if I forget to lock the door I have two lock boxes in my room. One for ALL my lasers and one for the keys to my lasers.

now that is being pro-active about safety.

now that is being pro-active about safety.

:) as much as I HATE that she broke them, I am glad I tought her NOT to point them in her eyes. I would have felt a lot worse if she had blinded her self.
I was able to fix one of the lasers, but my famed LEDshoppe 50 that did 70mW AVG with divergance of .8mRad that could pop balloons at 30 feet without help is dead :(

EDIT: hey silvercookie we have the same REP :D

Last edited:

I know that exact feeling- I sent my 13 yr old nephew a Marlboro Swiss army knike for birthday and the fool took it to school and got caught-- luckily it was before the 'no tolerance' policy so he did not lose it or get suspended-would be a different ending it it was now instead of back then.--HZ--live and learn

I know that exact feeling- I sent my 13 yr old nephew a Marlboro Swiss army knike for birthday and the fool took it to school and got caught-- luckily it was before the 'no tolerance' policy so he did not lose it or get suspended-would be a different ending it it was now instead of back then.--HZ--live and learn

Yup, thats for sure!

Don't Laze Me Bro;
Its true!!! I thought that ehh my lil sis wont touch them she is NOT allowd in my room and i have tought her about them and let her know that she can NEVER touch them.
Never trust children around lasers. On new years eve I put on a "laser show" for the neighbors. One of the kids (12 or so) came over and asked to see my 100mW greenie. I had to give him a 10 min. lecture on laser safety first. I was still on pins and needles the whole time he was using it.:undecided: (he did great):yh:

Never trust children around lasers. On new years eve I put on a "laser show" for the neighbors. One of the kids (12 or so) came over and asked to see my 100mW greenie. I had to give him a 10 min. lecture on laser safety first. I was still on pins and needles the whole time he was using it.:undecided: (he did great):yh:

Let me personally thank you for giveing him the lecture, We allways need good people like you doing things like that to help reverse some of the thoughts in peoples heads about lasers!
-Dustin

:) as much as I HATE that she broke them, I am glad I tought her NOT to point them in her eyes. I would have felt a lot worse if she had blinded her self.
Damn glad she didn't get hurt with them. Also glad you taught her that they can damage her eyes instead of just locking your room & thinking thats enough. :beer: How old was she when this occurred?

Dnl747

I'm 12, and I've never done any thing stupid with lasers. Well once my baby cousin got one of my 80 mW and start shining it every were!
But I stopped him.

Damn glad she didn't get hurt with them. Also glad you taught her that they can damage her eyes instead of just locking your room & thinking thats enough. :beer: How old was she when this occurred?

Hey Im super sorry for the long reply time!! She was, and is 10. Today I took her out into the desert and let her have a bit of fun with my RPL. Needless to say, she was stunned! first time i have really let her use it, though i am quite proud of her; she did good!
-D

CTM

I did once wake up because I felt my eye lid burning. Once i had my eyes open, I saw that it was my 4-year old niece pointing my BR laser at my eyes. I took it away from her quickly. After that incident, I have always made sure it is above the reach of a ten year old and out of sight.
Also, my niece doesn't usually stay with us.

Back on topic.
Someone (he is no longer associated with me) I knew thought it would be funny to shine it at a patrol helicopter. It was one night during a cruise night that happens once a year in my town. He had a <5mW green pointer and was in my vehicle at the time he got the idea. I told him to stop and get out of my jeep. He got out but kept shining it at the helicopter. I got spotlighted and he ran away like a B****. I stayed put in my place since I was in my vehicle. I got questioned by a cop, which he ended up finding my first BR laser and keeping it (for himself). He let me go afterwards.

Last edited: