Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oklahoma wildfires 4-13-18

Oklahoma right now is being hit with pretty bad wildfires thanks to our wind and dry conditions, so the air was very thick blocking a lot of our sun so you could actually look directly into it, and just a few hours later I knew the night would still be thick in smoke so the lasers look amazing at night.

Attachments

• 856788E8-7227-4D90-BB85-9A6D272707D8.jpeg
    856788E8-7227-4D90-BB85-9A6D272707D8.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 49
  • BCF3DE1E-8626-43DE-995B-F701FDE608A1.jpeg
    BCF3DE1E-8626-43DE-995B-F701FDE608A1.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 57

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Great conditions for beamshots, but terrible for everything else, stay safe and away from those fires.

Funny, you've got got dry, windy conditions there, and right now it's raining like crazy and flooding here, with freezing rain and ice coming later.
Seems like the weather is conditions are at one extreme or the other lately! :(

Great conditions for beamshots, but terrible for everything else, stay safe and away from those fires.

Funny, you've got got dry, windy conditions there, and right now it's raining like crazy and flooding here, with freezing rain and ice coming later.
Seems like the weather is conditions are at one extreme or the other lately! :(

yeah unfortunately I think a couple people have already lost their lives :(
oh yeah Michigan is getting bad stuff right now, I just looked at the radar on my Doppler app and wow yeah yall got rain wind and snow all day, we need some of that in OK lol

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I agree, I'd trade a bit of this rain/snow for some of your warm right about now! ;)

It's ironic you found the silver lining in the forest fires there. Great beam shots. :crackup:

Hey, 10fenny. I just noticed you recently got 1000 posts. You are now qualified to be a veteran. Just send Avery a PM and ask that he give you the go ahead. + rep to help you along. :D

That beam needs to hit some galvos!! ;)
I could have easily lied but I figured honesty is the best policy, so I didn't know what a Galvos was so I had to look it up :crackup:
Hey, 10fenny. I just noticed you recently got 1000 posts. You are now qualified to be a veteran. Just send Avery a PM and ask that he give you the go ahead. + rep to help you along. :D
oh wow I didn't know that, very cool :D this may seem funny when I say this but I often talk to GF about you guys on here and I usually refer to you all as vets and how much I respect you all, thinking it would be cool to one day be considered a vet :wave:

Sure, Richie. You are only 217 post away from asking for veteran status yourself. Good luck.

I’ll never forget the time myself and a couple neighbors suppressed a roadside fire from consuming our small neighborhood on Sunnylane.
It started at 89th street. Someone was driving a 30K forklift on a flat tire, which threw sparks :tsk:

Why would anyone be driving a forklift on a public road? They aren't even licensed to drive there. Umdass.

Only thing I can think of is it probably came from the manufacturing facility right around the corner on 89th. Why the hell it was on the street... :wtf:

Why would anyone be driving a forklift on a public road? They aren't even licensed to drive there. Umdass.

Last edited:
Sure, Richie. You are only 217 post away from asking for veteran status yourself. Good luck.
Thanks Paul :wave:

I’ll never forget the time myself and a couple neighbors suppressed a roadside fire from consuming our small neighborhood on Sunnylane.
It started at 89th street. Someone was driving a 30K forklift on a flat tire, which threw sparks :tsk:
Holy cow I know exactly where that is! That’s cool as hell SGD not gonna lie. I never in a million years would have imagined someone on here being so close to where I live :D I mean let’s face it their are not many people in Oklahoma on here lol!

:crackup: I laughed out loud on your “Umdass” comment.

diachi

Wildfires definitely make for some nice outdoor beam shots! That said, hope we don't get any again this year...

This is how it ended up looking when we had some real bad fires a few years back. Video taken in the middle of the day.

Stay safe! :beer: