Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Okay I have my dvd diode

So I ordered my dvd diode and I am going to order an axizis soon. I am confused with some of the guides as to what else I need I just want a semi powerful cheap red laser that can pop balloons light matches ect. I know I need a circuit but how can I easily put it in the module and all that good stuff. Thanks a lot.

Cxrazy

I'm pretty sure you just retro-fit it into the axizis housing by connecting all of the corresponding pins....

But I could be wrong, so don't listen to me... :-X

Things

daedals circuit should fit inside, as the biggest component in the circuit is the LM317, which is about 1cm wide, and 1.5 cm long. then again, i don't have a axiziz housing.

Rhith

You won't be putting it "in" the aixiz module. I'm almost done with my DIY laser. I managed to fit a modified version of Daedal's Driver onto a 4x5 hole computer board from radioshack. You should look into the River Rock light to hold it since it runs off of 2 AAA's and I heard you need very little modification and won't need to build a driver for it, use at your own digression though. Feel free to message me questions, I also recommend talking to Daedal, SenKat, and Greenie.

I wondered if it would fit or not. So I take out the lense and the stuff like that that will run the laser. Then I shove it into another flashlight or other that will house it better and then I can use the flashlights power source and switch to turn it off and on. Are the AAAs the best type of battery to use to power this laser?

Gazoo

corim123 said:
I wondered if it would fit or not. So I take out the lense and the stuff like that that will run the laser. Then I shove it into another flashlight or other that will house it better and then I can use the flashlights power source and switch to turn it off and on. Are the AAAs the best type of battery to use to power this laser?

It would benefit you to start reading the posts in the Experiments and Modifications section of this forum. Everything you need to know has been posted there.

Okay i have been looking there but I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing and to make sure I have the right idea.

Gazoo

Well first you mount the diode in the Aixiz module. This module includes a lens and a mount for the diode. It already comes with a driver circuit and diode, but you will not be using them. You remove it, and then mount the diode from the GB. You do need to be careful to not let static electricity get to the diode.

Next you will need to build Daedal's circuit. This will not fit in the module, but it is what you will need to safely power the diode with. Do this first so you can get the feel for the laser. Then you can think about your next project, like mounting it in a flashlight.

Lastly, but most importantly, you will need eye protection especially if you plan to burn things. The reflection can damage your eyes.

So switch it out first and then build his circuit. Then look at how to do another mod. Yea I was planning on getting some cheap goggles since this only red so goggles are very plentiful. Thanks for your help.

Gazoo

corim123 said:
So switch it out first and then build his circuit. Then look at how to do another mod. Yea I was planning on getting some cheap goggles since this only red so goggles are very plentiful. Thanks for your help.

Since this is your first one, yes...and take your time. Anyone can do this, you just need to be careful and patient. Switch it out first, then build Daedal's circuit. Actually you can do this while you are waiting for the diode.

I know you and others are nervous as this is your first one. Hell, so was I..lol.

I think the following thread will be helpful...it has pictures of the Aixiz module with a lot of helpful information.

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1183489085

And don't get cheap goggles, they can do more harm than not wearing any. The perfect goggles are the wicked laser shades.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Red_650nm_LaserShades-49-11.html

The cheap aixiz model is sold out should ibuy it and wait 2 weeks or should I go with the more expensive one. I will look at the local Radio Shack soon for the parts I need to build the circuit. When I put it in teh aixiz I don't want to use it right? Or can I even use it yet lol I am tired so this all isn't making sense. I will look at it more closely tomorrow. Damn this is all seeming more expensive then I thought. I was hoping for like a $20 laser and now there is all the rest of this stuff it is really adding up. I was looking into getting the wickeds though.