Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ok standard new post, Which laser? Lol

Frosty

Well I'm still reading through the massive amount of info ont he site but wanted to ask for some recomendations while I learn.

I'm looking for a nice bright visible beam green, would like to be able to burn some stuff and light a match or pop a balloon, but I'm really going for a nice beam. pointing out constalations would be awsome!!!! I also want to get one of the glass and crystal kits, or some version there of, to play with. Which brings up a good question, do you all think its more entertaining to have some random stuff to focus the beam on? or to have a lens kit that attaches tot he laser itself? I dont really know which one to go for, in the end I know I'll have a trunk load of stuff but for a starter kit whats fun?

I think I have it narrowed down to 2 different companies, but I'm open to all suggestions.

1. the X85 from Nova- Based what I have gathered this is a great company with excellent laser for a good price. I think the x85 will do all that I want but might go with the 105 jsut for poops and snickers.

2.Ultralaser 80 or the 100 mw- I like the price, but want a good laser.

I want the extras too, anybody have a good source for some play toys, setups and the like?

So lets get some feedback will I go get more info,

Thanks all for having a great site!!! I came from the dark side!! WL's site. ewwww I need a shower, lol :-[

I too have heard nothing but praise for Nova... The X-85 will probably do everything you need, IMHO a X-105 isn't worth the price... It depends on you, but its a big jump for an extra 20-25mW...

Both the Ultralaser and X-series have the same divergence (<1.2mRad) and beam diameter (1.0mm), but I have always heard that Novalasers tend to be over-spec at least 15-20 mW... There is no way to tell what output you might get, there are always freak units, and there is always the chance of an under-spec unit. Plus the diffraction gratings kick major butt!

I think I will get an X-85 eventually, myself.

Frosty

Wow thanks for the fast reply, i just found out that novas are typically over spec. Frosty Likey teh overspec!!!!! ;D

S

SenKat

PLUS - the discount is back online, and operational now :) 5% off of a great priced laser is HARD to turn down !

Yes, Xeno like teh overspec!

Reminds me of Morepower's 421mW... Puts out 618 peak... Sooo much freaking green! ;D ;D ;D

SenKat said:
PLUS - the discount is back online, and operational now :) 5% off of a great priced laser is HARD to turn down !

Better yet!

Frosty

lol, yep, that does it, my order goes in now! humm any other bits an goodies i need besides googles?

S

SenKat

Frosty said:
lol, yep, that does it, my order goes in now! humm any other bits an goodies i need besides googles?

Okay - get the lense accessory kit - it comes with two lenses - neat stuff there ! IF you can - grab a couple of diffraction gratings - the mega matrix one is simply breathtaking ! TOTALLY awesome !

Things

some GOOD batteries!!!! if you don't want to spend a fortune on batteries, get some high capacity rechargeables ;) have fun!

Frosty

Ok the laser and some nice bits are on the way, I went for the X85. Now where do I get batteries? Radio shack?

Things

just any place that sells batteries!!!! any high capacity batteries wil hopefully work. we don't have "radio shack" here in australia, so i don't know what they have in the range of batteries