Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ok, finally "done" Aurora Kit

oic0

Sort of rigged and a bit of a compromise, but I think I can live with the outcome. Was my first built and first foray into assembling anything electronic that required soldering.

Anyhow, my gimpy wiring left the aixiz sticking a little bit out of the heat sink, so I wrapped some coils of thick bare copper around it going up a little bit, then made a spring from some stainless wire to perfectly fit over the copper coils, sqeeze them against it a bit, and hold them in place, as well as giving tension against the focus knob. A bit of thermal paste between the module and wire. Worked out well, its very very easy to focus and doesn't have any heat problems. *note, the part that hangs out is only lens threads

30nja5v.jpg

ny8b6e.jpg

oic0

cde06b629ed91a35d6ddfafaef3787fee7b1f022_full.jpg

What lens are you using?

Aixiz 405/445.

I think ive put my initials on every black possession I have now. Biggest issue is you cant scoot between letters fast enough to not leave trails so it always looks messy :(

Last edited:
What's with the troll face?
That is only appropriate after you troll someone.

oic0

What power do you run it ?

Not sure really. I was having a lot of issues with the flex, I think I sorta borked the pot, I felt no stop so I assumed it was multiturn until I read up online :twak:. I was ready to just rip it out and replace it but just for the heck of it messed with it a little bit more and it pretty much doubled in power. Flat spot on the dial is at about 5 O'clock so If I had to guess id say between 1100ma and 1400ma. I've never had it start pulsing from overheating but the host does get warm within just a few seconds. (no test load, I don't care about the actual ma rating, and the driver maxed still cant hurt the diode, I actually ordered it preset and pre-wired, but it came bare and unset :( )

Last edited: