Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Odd ...405nm vs Rock

daguin

The best way to see the peanut butter effect is in total darkness. The afterglow is greenish, and short-lived. Best results are if you let your eyes adjust a bit to the darkness, and don't look directly at the peanut butter as you lase it. There is a brief green glow after the laser is removed.

For MOST of the fluorescent reactions, most of you are using too much violet power. The "blaze" from bluray lasers putting out <100mW "drowns out" the much more subtle fluorescent reaction/light. For fluorescence I generally use ~25mW of violet.

Get yourselves one of the cheap eBay violet pointers (or build a low power one) and shine it around. You will be surprised how many fluorescent reactions you are missing now.

Peace,
dave

I was at a show(UGS) at "camp zoe" in Salem, MO. There was a cave there that we went exploring one night. We had to crawl threw mud and water but we got to a decent sized cavern. I had my red200mw green 200mw and 4xBR150mw. The BR would leave amazing trails all over the rocks. I had a camera but couldn't capture any of the trails.

Truly amazing