Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like Price Increase

Was browsing the o-like website just now, and noticed they increased prices on many of their lasers.

For the example, the 650nm 250mW Cute is now $60.81. The 200mW 532nm is $143.76. They used to be $54.99 and $129.99 IIRC - I ordered both of these few months back. The 1.2W Tactical is a whopping $242.19...

Hopefully the price increase will also mean a quality increase:undecided:

For those of you who've been around for a while, is this anything noteworthy?

The price increase is most likely due to popularity grown from people buying that read this forum. Sales increase > demand increase > price increase. I know that you probably know that, but as you said, hopefully this means QC increase.

If it doesn't, then I can't see this price increase being justified as it would just be them saying "we have a pretty good rep going and we can up our prices because people recommend us so much".

LOL, I spend all day helping people figure out how to price their items. Believe me, I'm aware of what it means in a commercial sense;)

They could also be responding to any number of other issues though. If they are just bumping the price to increase their gpm... bad o-like... no referral for you:tsk:

They also stopped selling higher powered 405nm lasers...

They also increased 445's prices and basically all of their other popular lasers, their 400mW blu-ray is now $120 (its out stock but there is still the thumbnail link which shows the new price) which is now more expensive than rayfoss' version lol, just when rayfoss started to drop their prices *sigh*

I doubt they increased their quality along the price, if they are already popular with their current quality, why would they bother?, they want more profit because thats their business, which is ok but thats the truth.

Trevor

Customs seizures have gotten stepped up... that's probably at least a factor.

-Trevor

-Trevor

Interesting. That was basically the kind of information I was fishing for. Bigger concern would be if ld's became more scarce.

I think it would be a good idea for O-like to explain why prices increased. Although Susie's last post on here was October of 2010, so I doubt that would happen, unless someone asked her and posted her response from an email or msn convo.

Considering how many referrals o-like gets from this forum... that's not really asking for much at all.

If we did get a response though, it would probably be something along the lines of increased operational expenditures to maintain product availability and quality consistence.

Considering how many referrals o-like gets from this forum... that's not really asking for much at all.

If we did get a response though, it would probably be something along the lines of Dollar make bigger from manufacturer. We take you money for more product and less sad times for laser people

Fixed it for ya :D

set

Was browsing the o-like website just now, and noticed they increased prices on many of their lasers.

For the example, the 650nm 250mW Cute is now $60.81. The 200mW 532nm is $143.76. They used to be $54.99 and $129.99 IIRC - I ordered both of these few months back. The 1.2W Tactical is a whopping $242.19...

Hopefully the price increase will also mean a quality increase:undecided:

For those of you who've been around for a while, is this anything noteworthy?

The prices have not changed, when I went to check the prices I noticed the currency has been changed to Canadian dollars making everything seem more expensive. The prices in US dollars are the same as yesterday.

I think it would be a good idea for O-like to explain why prices increased. Although Susie's last post on here was October of 2010, so I doubt that would happen, unless someone asked her and posted her response from an email or msn convo.

Even if a seller increased his/her prices... that is an internal company
decision and is really none of our business... unless were were share
holders...
If the prices aren't acceptable... buyers will go elsewhere whether the
company has a good reputation or not..

As can be seen by a lot of threads and posts... the bottom line for LPF
members is to get "stuff" at cost or close to it..

Some companies actually treat their sales as a business to put food on
the table for themselves and their employees... Not to mention to pay
for their running overhead... and not as a hobby....

It would make no sense for a seller to increase prices if no direct
external factor required the increase...
I know that certain Chinese sellers are greedy but they will only hurt
their own bottom line if they increased prices just because.....

Jerry

-Trevor

I haven't seen anything on that... is there a source for info? I ask because 3 days ago I ordered something from them (O-Like). The payment has been processed, but the current status at the company is "processing". Not shipped yet. If my first higher power laser purchase ends up getting seized, I will be pssd.

-----

Higher or Lower Prices in general = probably shifts in the economy. See what "set" said 2 posts back from this one. I'm no expert though.

If you are buying 100-200 pcs , price decrease ;)

Usual factors for price increase:

1. Low stock
2. Changing supplier
3. Covering loss (returns/refunds, customs seizures, etc.)
4. Shipping charges too low.
5. More orders that they can handle.
6. GREED :D

---------------------------------------------

About quality - they are trying to get 200mW 650nm actually closer to 200mW.

I 've heard that o-like bought brand new LPM, and finally realized that 650nm lasers are underpowered.

100mW 532nm still rocks and shakes everything around :gun:

I'll agree to disagree. With how often people recommend o-like for green pointers/modules and the cute red 660 over other companies, we should know why they are increasing.

We may not be shareholders, but we've sure been helping their shares.

Last edited: