Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like new Crown upgrade 400mW green laser torch/adjustable/waterproof

Night pic of the beam:

IMG_1462.jpg

Do you think it's up to spec? What about the divergence?

Last edited:
I'm actually quite curious whether it mode hops, and how is it in handling heat, the new host looks a bit bigger so hopefully this means better heat dissipation/heatsinking.

On my old style overspec 400mW the divergence is really quite excellent, but the beam diameter leaves a lot to be desired, and it mode hops a lot.

@wvbrian - To see if it mode hops, defocus it completely and than turn it on, and observe:

Shanghai Dream Lasers Technology - DPSS Green, Blue & Red Lasers, Precision Optics and Crystals

There is a better chart somewhere.... anyway mine usually settles into Tem21, but it's not really an issue when the laser is focused to infinity. Tem00 would be awesome.

update from o-like ,,,they did not ship the 400mW 532nm laser yet as susie stated they had some problems on a few of there lasers being way under powered ,,,so they sent me the battery and charger first ,,,as the email from o-like states i got today ,,there sending me my laser today ,,,i have sent a copy of the email to american express ,,,in this case they said as soon as i get the laser i should call american express and they will put the charge of the laser back on my acount ,,,as sometimes its hard to make out what o-like is trying to explain,,so i'm not sure if there sending me the newer 532nm or if it will be the older style 532nm ,,either way i will update on this matter as it unfolds

This looks like the never ending story :yabbmad:

Sorry for that.

While O-like keeps dropping reputation, there is a substantial new player in town, gaining power and reputation: Lazerer.

While O-like keeps dropping reputation, there is a substantial new player in town, gaining power and reputation: Lazerer.

its a shame that o-like's customer service is so poor
but i wont lie there lasers atleast the few i have from them are bada$$

^^^I'm hoping for lazerer to take over with better support. O-like pissed me off to no end with my own debacles (including 400mW green torch), and I was fuming when I LPMed all my lasers at the time, and found all my o-likes to be underspec.

with there shipping taking so long
i sure having to exchange one is a nightmare
and more than likely takes months

^^^My original 400mW torch came in near doa - very underspec and wouldn't always turn on. Took them two weeks to get back to me with an address to send it back, another week for me to actually send it. Two and a half weeks for it to get to them. Than two weeks of silence from them.

I had to threaten to file a claim with post office before they finally sent me back a laser.

So total time, (keep in mind I paid extra for express shipping in the first place) was two and half months, from the time of the original order, to me holding a working up to spec laser. I got regular shipping it would have probably been over three months.

I've been following what people have been saying about "Lazerer"; I love my 200mw green (from O-Like), but I wouldn't mind getting a higher powered green for even more visibility (after I fill out my collection to 1x 405nm and 1x 445nm).

I also hope that Lazerer "pans out" as a good supplier.

There has been at least 1 review on a Lazerer product so far (T-J; the "Grenade"); and it seems positive.

They have a 500mw green. They say they can install an IR filter (which probably wouldn't lower output THAT much) and provide a power certificate.

I'm hoping that when the time comes (for me to spend the money on it), that there are more reviews of Lazerer stuff.

^^^Funny, I was just looking at that 500mW laser.

What confuses me is the price jump from 400mW to 500mW with it.

I wouldn't mind getting it, but I already have a 400mW o-like torch - old style, and one more on the way (not from o-like - secondhand).

IMHO if you're planning to get only one green laser... go with the next jetlasers group buy.

timing ... I've already committed my money / plans to getting a 405nm, and then a 445nm (both from Survival Laser). I realize I could get these two wavelengths cheaper, but if I get the SL kits, then I KNOW what is inside of them, and I KNOW that I can put in thermal paste.

After that, when I say to myself that I want a higher-powered green, then maybe there will still be a good group buy. I hope.

(EDIT) (OOPS - not awake yet - need more coffee - you said NEXT jetlasers group buy - acknowledged)

Last edited:
^^^If you're looking for greater visibility, get the 445nm first.

Next jetlaser GB is going to be september I believe, so still some time left.

The only problem I see with lazerer is that their 'guaranteed' power on DPSS lasers includes the IR and they even say this.. So 300mW of that 500mW could be IR and it'd still be 'up to spec' as far as they're concerned. I'd be happier seeing guaranteed minimum green powers, even if they were lower, than I am with seeing 'guaranteed total powers' Since the IR is pretty useless from any standpoint.

Last edited: