Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like may not be getting my business again.

so bottom line, are the green laser modules worth buying form susie?
i need to know, b/c i am about to press the pay button. i need comments from customers who have actually bought green modules, not heard about someone else's experience.

Hey WonHungLow...
where ya been... I guess you haven't read some of the reviews
about Susie's Green Modules....:whistle:

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/l...orum/showthread.php?t=40425&highlight=susie#7

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1223854139/2#2

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=22722&page=3#110

There are a lot of reviews about her green modules and I have yet
to hear someone that received a module under spec...
All the ones I got from her were Over-Spec...;)

Jerry

so bottom line, are the green laser modules worth buying form susie?
i need to know, b/c i am about to press the pay button. i need comments from customers who have actually bought green modules, not heard about someone else's experience.

total junk...

2ekqko9.jpg

That is the 400~450mW module a bit of custom job there. That little light saber effect is not easy to pull off on a cheap camera.

fva24y.jpg

Learn to have patience. If you didn't notice yet, lasers aren't exactly legal in the US. You can't expect the same service you would get from a major US company. The quality of product suited my needs.

Got the laser today and I'm quite happy with it. The packaging was good and the laser works like a charm.

A couple geek friends of mine who had little to no interest when I told them about the laser that was coming are completely and utterly facinated with it now that it is here. In point of fact, Greg, one of my geek friends has already ordered his own from O-like just an hour ago.

I'll probably by from o-like again now that I know to expect this kind of delay. It sounds like they always fill their orders even if they are slow about it.

+A from me on quality of product
+A for the packaging
-C for communication
+C for time needed to process and ship order.

Overall, I'd give them a +B rating.

Susie did have some issues with their host supplier, they screwed up a coating on the barrels, and it took about a week for Susie to get some more in. This coating was to protect the barrel from rust, so the time you were waiting was time well waited.
They also before that ran out of supplies as someone placed a massive order too big for them to supply (prolly someone like DealExtreme) and they had to spend a few days making up stock.

I have attached a photo of some of the O-Like factory, unsure if Susie released this to others, she took it for me :)

Susie has a very good thing going on, I have had her source recently a guitar for a friend, and for my sales on TM she sourced some nice priced mini bluetooth adapters etc, she has been very helpful. She is always very busy though and there is a bit of a language barrier you have to get used to but yeah, Susie rocks :)

Attachments

• 50146637_aboutus_2.jpg
    50146637_aboutus_2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 131
Thank lemon. I'm happy with o-like's product and their service. Just wish they would keep their customers in the loop if there were issues. O-Like will be on my "APPROVED" list of sellers.

I once tried to change my address and she wouldn't let me!?!? That is my only negative. so future buyers beware. other than that, susie is uber helpful.

Well it could be for your own safety. Fraud does happen and it could be just their way of preventing someone from using your info to purchase a laser for themselves using your account. It could also be that they won't ship to an address different from the credit card. I don't know...just guessing. I bet an e-mail to them may clear it up :)

Probably for security issues eh.
They do have a lot of customers, and their current software doesn't have a newsletter function or anything.

If you want to change the addy, just change it through PayPal before its packaged and sent ;) She goes off the PayPal addy. Also remember, it is not just her, there are others there as well.

Anyone know how to change a thread title? Can c0ld do it for me? I don't want this thread sounding so negative towards O-like. :(

What I can't understand is why she hasn't registered the site with google, so people can search for it?!