Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

o-like I think I got a dud

I just received my order from o-like
It is a sharp 400 mw 405 nm waterproof focusable . I charged the battery until the green light on the charger came on steady green. I put on my goggles and put the battery in . Plus side to tail switch , like the sticker on the unit showed. Hit the tail switch, and nothing. Bummed , I took out the battery and checked it on my multi meter. It shows it is charged. And for giggles I put an old school test light on it and it light up.
I have read threads here that say Susie at o-like is good at customer service. So I emailed her. I'll wait to here what she says.
I'll update this when I here for her.

Update:
I received a reply from Susie at o-like. She asked me to test the battery. Wipe the threads of the tail cap and host with a cloth. And lastly place battery in host and use a wire to make a connection between the plus side of the battery and the host at the threads for tail cap.
I did all of these things with the same result, a non working laser.
I emailed her the results. I will see what she says next.

Last edited:

The only thing Susie said in the reply to me was." Did you put the battery in the right way"
I told her i did. And asked her if they would replace it or refund me.
Back to waiting for a reply.

Ya, im not too happy with them either. They are telling me my laser never showed up and refusing to refund me my money I paid for shipping. Even though my tracking number says it was delivered. They were suppose to send me my replacement 2 weeks back when I sent mine. Yet my new one was just shipped out this past friday... I will never recommend them on here again.

Man that is not good .
I'm pretty shocked that I recieved one that does not work.
All the reviews I read here are positive. So I figured I'd buy from them.
Hope ya get your replacement before long.
Let me know how it works out for ya.

Last edited:
Abean95, I tried but I'm accessing the web via I phone and I can't get the size small enough to do it.
I will get my laptop to a wifi spot on Friday , and get them on here that way.

These are not the best pics. But here they are.

Attachments

• b51037b0c91b22f283260b90b43dd51e.jpg
    b51037b0c91b22f283260b90b43dd51e.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 224
  • bbc9fe2bfef08e16ab62364ed3c13038.jpg
    bbc9fe2bfef08e16ab62364ed3c13038.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 204
  • a6413906c94a0d22c8a98522328bb7bf.jpg
    a6413906c94a0d22c8a98522328bb7bf.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 210
  • a583ec50ab28a618caf5abe003e2f346.jpg
    a583ec50ab28a618caf5abe003e2f346.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 209
wow they shipped out another laser with no protection and in a paper package. If i were anybody thinking about getting an O-like i would take note...

They are going to tell you to ship it back, then complain the shipping price was too high and refuse to refund you.... Mine cost me $38 to ship it back with tracking. They told me that was way too much and i should have sent it the cheap way. Well im not sending it w/o tracking and that was the cheap way...

Can you take it apart, maybe there is a loose wire or something.

Last edited:
It looks like I can unscrew it from the lens side. But I'm weary of doing so because they might notice that it was tampered with. The part that would thread out is copper and I could scuff it up fairly easy.
I'm not thrilled to hear that it cost you that much to send one back.
Sounds like I'm in for a proper hosing . Lol

wow they shipped out another laser with no protection and in a paper package. If i were anybody thinking about getting an O-like i would take note...

They are going to tell you to ship it back, then complain the shipping price was too high and refuse to refund you.... Mine cost me $38 to ship it back with tracking. They told me that was way too much and i should have sent it the cheap way. Well im not sending it w/o tracking and that was the cheap way...

Can you take it apart, maybe there is a loose wire or something.

That's the standard spiel... seems it hasn't changed :(

These are not the best pics. But here they are.
Attached Thumbnails
Thanks! :) I just wanted to see what it looked like because mine shipped on Sunday :) I will inform you if I have any problems with it. Good luck with your laser!

Well, I just now recieved a reply from Susie at o-like
She said they will send me a new module and I can fix it myself.
That is much better than I expected. As I should have some extra parts when I'm done with the fix.
I asked for a tracking number , so I'll wait and see what turns up.

Abean95
I hope you don't have to go through all this.
How many of their lasers could arrive not working? Right?

Abean95
I hope you don't have to go through all this.
How many of their lasers could arrive not working? Right?

For me the count is two out of six. In total ran me about ~$60 extra in shipping and aggravation, but worked out eventually.

InfinitusEquitas,
That is a Large percentage . One third of them just to one customer.
Well at least you did end up with working lasers two thirds of the time!
That Susie lady must spend most of her life trying to talk her way out of paying return postage. Lol