Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like: good and bad....

Hi guys. Peace to you all. I'm new here and this is my very 1st post ...but I had lurking around the forum for quite sometime.

Well, the Chinese business style was very cost conscious and they would usually give some margin on bad customer experience since they know there is no such thing on earth as- satisfying all your customers.

They would usually very effective if you offer them shipping fees. Yea...it might sounds absurd but that's the way how business run to make money. Unless they have an outlet nearby your area. LoL.

Sorry to hear about your case and I personally very scared that such cases might happen to me...:cryyy:

The issue I had was the error was not my fault and in an attempt to solve it I asked for a refund minus shipping costs so they wouldn't lose money and could just resell the laser to someone else. She didn't want to do that and said I would have to pay restocking fees that were some absurd percentage that was straight up ridiculous since the error was not on my part. At this point it has been so many months since it was supposedly mailed out again and didn't include tracking that I just assume it is gone or was never resent.

Pman

I had the same thing happen to me on my 500mw 532nm crown O-like. The switch is VERY cheap. I unsrewed it (need snap ring pliers or very thin tapered needle nose in the holes that have alot of strength because it is screwed down hard onto an o-ring for waterproofing (yeah, I wouldn't test it though).
Then you press hard on the press fit clicky and it will push out.
The issue with mine was the spring is too small (diameter) and had popped out of the metal cap (looks like a top-hat) so it could no longer make contact properly/give any spring tension for the snap action and make a solid electrical connection.
What bothered me the most was that this same EXACT clicky is in 2 of my cheapo 650nm 10 dollar cheapos from ebay.
I installed a slightly wider spring and it works as new (cheap new that is).
Also, I've seen this same issue crop up on flashlights that have that same design if you put too much pressure on it (as in battery is slightly longer so it pushes the clicky in too hard).
Sorry, don't know the names of the parts. It's a really crappy setup to carry decent current from my inspection. Going to contact O=Like and get a new tailcap or clicky sent on their dime for sure. Should not have to do this on a $300 unit. On the plus side, mine tests out at a nice 607mw:) so no chance I'm sending it back.
My better flashlights don't have this kind of clicky.

This doesn't mean that yours is the same though on your unit. I don't own the one you specifically are talking about. I would however be surprized if your switch isn't just as cheaply built.