Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like delivery time frame

Update on my order.. ordered 23rd Dec, shipped 29th. it's in the UK now but I don't know where as it's not showing up on the Parcelforce website yet which is making me slightly nervous. still upto a week yet for it to get here though... if I knew where it was I'd seriously think about picking it up myself. DHL next time for sure! :scowl:
where are those teleporters we were all promised?

@david1235102 your o-like red dead already? bad news, but no doubt you'll enjoy the green even more if you decide to get it. not looking forward to mine quite as much now.

Yes but I sent it back and they are sending me another (I hope this next one lasts a lot longer). Also I won't be buying their transformable green until late February since I am low on money due to the fact that I just bought all the parts for a DIY 1.4W-1.5W 445 :)

Yes but I sent it back and they are sending me another (I hope this next one lasts a lot longer). Also I won't be buying their transformable green until late February since I am low on money due to the fact that I just bought all the parts for a DIY 1.4W-1.5W 445 :)

Hopefully it was just a dodgy diode.. for both our sakes. 1.5W nice! you're more ambitious than me for a 1st build. I'm gonna get the 200mW green module from o-like to start my first build in a few weeks. will probably use a maglite host and *try* and make my own heatsink.

Hopefully it was just a dodgy diode.. for both our sakes. 1.5W nice! you're more ambitious than me for a 1st build. I'm gonna get the 200mW green module from o-like to start my first build in a few weeks. will probably use a maglite host and *try* and make my own heatsink.

Actually, my first build was just a quick ~5mW red from a common dvd re-writer. But yeah, I am pretty ambitious with it... I think it has more to do with me not being patient than ambitious though. lol.
Cool, will you make a thread for your DIY build? I didn't think to make one of my first (so I don't have any pics but it's just in a cheapo laser pointer body so it's nothing special) but I might do one with my DIY 445.

Actually, my first build was just a quick ~5mW red from a common dvd re-writer. But yeah, I am pretty ambitious with it... I think it has more to do with me not being patient than ambitious though. lol.
Cool, will you make a thread for your DIY build? I didn't think to make one of my first (so I don't have any pics but it's just in a cheapo laser pointer body so it's nothing special) but I might do one with my DIY 445.

Don't blame you.. seems like I've been waiting for my 445 for months! yeah I'll make a thread for sure although of course me using a module takes a lot of the actual 'build' away from it.. still gotta put it all together correctly though and get that heatsink working properly. You should definitely do one for your 445 build.

Don't blame you.. seems like I've been waiting for my 445 for months! yeah I'll make a thread for sure although of course me using a module takes a lot of the actual 'build' away from it.. still gotta put it all together correctly though and get that heatsink working properly. You should definitely do one for your 445 build.

Yeah my diode will already be pressed in an Aixiz module and the flexdrive will have leads attached already so I'm hoping it will be a quick and easy build.

UPDATE.. they're here! arrived this morning, so that's 19 days from dispatch to my hand, not too bad really. review of the 1w 445 underway.

Yeah my diode will already be pressed in an Aixiz module and the flexdrive will have leads attached already so I'm hoping it will be a quick and easy build.

Same here, I'm leaving the more complex stuff for my second build. I'm using a Maglite host as I can pick those up real cheap near me so the whole thing is gonna be pretty low cost.

Last edited:
Order 200mW green transformable/adjustable Dec 23rd, shipped Dec 28th, dispatched overseas Jan 10th, arrived Jan 21st..

Is as good as I expected (if not better) .. will post a review later .. lights a match in <0.5 seconds.. haha

Sad news, O-like. I ordered my 400Mw 405 on Dec. 28th, got it yesterday, the 21th. Yep, DOA, sniff. They put a "white piece of tape" inside, on the black presentation box magnetic door lid that read: "+" towards tail cap. Nothing unual for a laser, so put it in, nothing. Checked battery with another laser; bat was ok, put that laser battery in o-like 405, nothing. Tried several charged 18650, nothing. Emailed, Susie, nothing back yet. Will have to RMA, sniff. Dang it, grr.

I noticed on the o-like website a few weeks ago a notation at the top of the 400mW green laser torch page
where they stated they had eliminated the focusing tool. Was that just a limited run of hosts or something?
That tool is a deal breaker for me. I won't buy one until they eliminate it.

Ordered 200mW green transformable on December 27 , shipped Dec. 31 , dispatched overseas Jan. 11, arrived on Jan. 20. :yh:

Sad news, O-like. I ordered my 400Mw 405 on Dec. 28th, got it yesterday, the 21th. Yep, DOA, sniff. They put a "white piece of tape" inside, on the black presentation box magnetic door lid that read: "+" towards tail cap. Nothing unual for a laser, so put it in, nothing. Checked battery with another laser; bat was ok, put that laser battery in o-like 405, nothing. Tried several charged 18650, nothing. Emailed, Susie, nothing back yet. Will have to RMA, sniff. Dang it, grr.

Damn that sucks! must've got bashed about in transit as I can't see them not testing it before dispatch. if you're lucky you might get some kind of a freebie sent with your replacement as way of compensation.

It could be the clicky I suppose, I'd try making a connection from the battery to the case without the endcap on just to check.

Arshus

That sucks Flomotion, I'd try and get susie to send you a bonus for the month of time they wasted, but it that kind of dissapointment really sucks..

I tracked my shipment today:

Service(s): Registered Mail™

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign International Dispatch, January 21, 2011, 6:19 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Foreign Acceptance, January 13, 2011, 5:42 pm, HONG KONG

Thats what it says so far.

-Sal

Ordered two lasers from O-like on Jan. 22 (200mW transformable adjustable green laser and 300mW Cute focusable red laser) with best (slowest) shipping. As of Jan. 28, since it hadn't yet shipped, I was able to change the shipping to DHL and added safety goggles for the red laser. Everything was shipped yesterday, Jan. 31, via "Hongkong Express". I hope this is the equivalent of DHL, and that the package gets out of Hong Kong before the week-long holiday starts. I'll provide more feedback as it becomes available.

Ordered two lasers from O-like on Jan. 22 (200mW transformable adjustable green laser and 300mW Cute focusable red laser) with best (slowest) shipping. As of Jan. 28, since it hadn't yet shipped, I was able to change the shipping to DHL and added safety goggles for the red laser. Everything was shipped yesterday, Jan. 31, via "Hongkong Express". I hope this is the equivalent of DHL, and that the package gets out of Hong Kong before the week-long holiday starts. I'll provide more feedback as it becomes available.

HK Express is definitively not DHL !

Keep us posted with delivery times and reliability..