Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like Company Thread!

what the h... susie is still offline on yahoo and live messenger.. i just don't know why she is always offline :( i emailed her like 40 x...

MikeBP

Susze=Susie? the whats it called... sig on my package. Cool little laser but def go for the water proof if you are getting the cheap 200mw red.

Hey guys today I finished and played around with the laser assembled from 50 mW O-like module,

Shoots out 80 mW peak and burns quite good, excellent beam profile blah blah you will see it in my thread,

O-like is the best there is!

I ordered the 10mW Chrome focusable blu-ray from o-like on the 23rd and its the 26th now and my order info still says "Processing". 1st time ordering from them so i have no idea how long things take.

Well I have been gone for awhile and glad to hear that O-Like is gearing up for the new season of laser apparrel xD

MikeBP

I love o-like, SUZE generally gets my packages out the night of or the next night i order and the products are incredible. maybe free shipping someday.. hopefully.

2nd o like order was shipped asap, less than 48 hours, so im pretty happy with the company and the customer service is very quick to respond so if you are looking you should go with O like

Has anybody tested their O-like on a LPM to see if it's overspec, underspec, or right on?
See my O-like 50mW video on youtube, peak is just over 80mW with 50mW module! :D

Awsome performes, them O-like modules, I wll buy from them a lot!

I have planned a 200mW unit, but since my wallet disagrees I will wait a bit with that.
You are more than welcome to try it out though ;)

MikeBP

See my O-like 50mW video on youtube, peak is just over 80mW with 50mW module! :D

Awsome performes, them O-like modules, I wll buy from them a lot!

I have planned a 200mW unit, but since my wallet disagrees I will wait a bit with that.
You are more than welcome to try it out though ;)
Link please, i would love to see it buddy and I wonder where to send my lasers to get them all tested for power rating.

as for the 200mw (green I would assume) it is quite expensive but in the long run you will be more than happy with the purchase

Link please, i would love to see it buddy and I wonder where to send my lasers to get them all tested for power rating.

as for the 200mw (green I would assume) it is quite expensive but in the long run you will be more than happy with the purchase
Link:

YouTube - 50mW o-like

But for accurate power testing and measurement I'd reccomend somebody with professional LPMs like Laserbee or Scientific instruments.
My 'LPM' is DIY tool constructed out of darkened TEC element (Peltier) and Potentiometer in series, I'm basically reading the voltage of TEC.

It has been calibrated to Laserbee LPM and is within +-2mW at 250mW area, and it's good up to 0.5W IIRC.
However, being the thermal sensor without any MCU control, I would not be able to accurately read anything below 20mW as there is not enough power to provide stable temperature over the TEC side.

More than fews member here willing to test the output power of your lasers.

I think "Don't Laze Me Bro" offered such service only for the cost of shipping, but don't quote me on that as I am uncertain.

MikeBP

It doesnt quite need done but it would be for my personal benefit of knowledge is power sort of thing.

Weird laser, quite a bit sticking out of the front makes me nervous. nice laser btw.

Is it 250 or is it 50? I was told 50 will not burn.

I will search for Dont Lase Me Bro

Would not stick out if I could remove the PCB of the module and place it on the driver pill, but it was glues with some sort of epoxy that I could not touch anyhow.
5 seconds straight - help somdering iron on the thing , not a mark on it.

It is 50 mW obviously, not 250 mW.
50mW will burn if focused to pinpoint, not at infinity.

At least you have the most important part of the module heatsinked. Most of the magic going on in that module, takes place in the first 10-15mm.
Interesting LPM you built their, kudos to you:)

At least you have the most important part of the module heatsinked. Most of the magic going on in that module, takes place in the first 10-15mm.
Interesting LPM you built their, kudos to you:)
Exactly, that is where the diode and crystal holder are.

The DIY LPM was built by billg519 actually, it is his idea to use TEC in series with Potentiometer, and measure the milivolts generated by heating up one side of TEC with the laser.

Thanks for +rep anyhow! Make sure you pass on some to Bill also :D