Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like Blu-ray 400mW 405nm Focusable/Waterproof Laser Review (Picture Heavy)

Arshus

I have 2 DMMs:

4728-digital-multimeters.jpg

I use the left one right?

When I take the reading on the Olike it says 2.3-2.4. I interpret this as drawing ~2 amps from the battery.

Sal

Last edited:

Bobby

I just got mine. Did I read somewhere that the battery diagram is wrong? What direction does the batt go in? BTW, mine came with no box & Ultrafire 2800...

Bobby

Thanks. My dot is a bit larger than I would hope. The beam is beautiful though.

Arshus

ehh its direct diode, wont be the best beam quality/divergence. Remember you can adjust it though.

Bobby

Focus all the way open makes a nice big circle -- about 1' at 3'. Focus all the way closed still leaves a ~2" dot ... I wonder if it's possible to adjust the starting point ... ?

OK, I'm an idiot -- the focus knob goes past tight and on back to partially-open ... I found the pinpoint focus and it lights matches in <1s at 2' ... oh, and the LPM says BOO-YAH, er, I mean "starts at 485 and climbs to over 515 over 30 sec" (haven't left it on longer yet) ...

Last edited:

Arshus

2" dot? Thats, way too big. 1" is about the size of a soda/pop bottle cap. Are you saying its double this size??

Your dot should be more or less like this, taken from my O-like 400mW 405nm:

4694-o-like-405nm-filtered-dot.jpg

-Sal

Last edited:

Bobby

2" dot? Thats, way too big. 1" is about the size of a soda/pop bottle cap. Are you saying its double this size??

Your dot should be more or less like this, taken from my O-like 400mW 405nm:

4694-o-like-405nm-filtered-dot.jpg

-Sal
Once I found the focus sweet-spot, I can make the dot almost microscopic at 1-3' ... and the match lit almost instantly! I will try to take pics tonight.

these are insane lasers for the price! definitely like number 2 or 3 on my list on next lasers

I just got mine. Did I read somewhere that the battery diagram is wrong? What direction does the batt go in? BTW, mine came with no box & Ultrafire 2800...

The + positive end goes towards the tailcap.
edit: looks like that was already answered. i just clicked on the email link to here and it didnt show me so many people have commented lol

Last edited:

Bobby

The + positive end goes towards the tailcap.
edit: looks like that was already answered. i just clicked on the email link to here and it didnt show me so many people have commented lol
No worries! The very excited (me) tend to reply rapidly ...

I still cannot believe I was worried that Susie'd send me a low one ... ! 485-515mW, yowza!

OK, and I cannot bleieve I spent over an hour worrying about the dot when the focus knob goes to-and-past tiny ... I'm serious -- when I got the dot to its tightest focus, I _COULD_NOT_SEE_IT with the glasses on (tiny dot when peeking around them), and the match lit up instantly!

Plan B

I keep seeing you guys post the price at $95 but when I bought mine it was $102 and change. Just wondering why the discrepancy in prices? Cheaper to buy outta the States or did they just recently up the price.

EDIT: NM, Bobby answered while I was posting.

Bobby

BTW, for those who know IQS's green lasers, there is a LPF member special 405nm 100mw for $45; I didn't want to hijack this thread, so it is posted in my IQS Roundup thread.

Last edited: