Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like Blu-ray 400mW 405nm Focusable/Waterproof Laser Review (Picture Heavy)

traged

It's a great laser although the focus knob is quite annoying :thinking: Do you guys have any ideas how to lubricate it to make the focusing process make more smooth? :)

Bobby

It's a great laser although the focus knob is quite annoying :thinking: Do you guys have any ideas how to lubricate it to make the focusing process make more smooth? :)
I have a similar minor complaint.

I do not find the focus knob's tightness SO annoying, excepting that, with it smaller than the flared-out body, my fingers keep slipping off of it when turning. This only becomes a problem when the switch is "on" & I'm trying to make a fine adjustment while I can see the dot-size (i.e., to focus it at a particular point/distance). In those instances, if my hand slips, either my hand goes in front of this .5W beam (ouch), or the beam goes in a direction not intended (dangerous).

Also, has anyone else noticed an inordinate amount of leakage out the side/gap of the focus knob? I'm thinking my device would be higher than .5W if it were not losing power out the sides, and would like to understand why it is doing so.

Further, I have noticed a star-pattern that illuminates a fairly wide area around the dot (I'll try to get a pic). It is hard to see with the safety glasses in place, but when pointing it outdoors across a distance, I see radial star-peaks go out quite a distance (even to the point of illuminating the peripheral of the beam). Has anyone else noticed this?

I have a similar minor complaint.

I do not find the focus knob's tightness SO annoying, excepting that, with it smaller than the flared-out body, my fingers keep slipping off of it when turning. This only becomes a problem when the switch is "on" & I'm trying to make a fine adjustment while I can see the dot-size (i.e., to focus it at a particular point/distance). In those instances, if my hand slips, either my hand goes in front of this .5W beam (ouch), or the beam goes in a direction not intended (dangerous).

Also, has anyone else noticed an inordinate amount of leakage out the side/gap of the focus knob? I'm thinking my device would be higher than .5W if it were not losing power out the sides, and would like to understand why it is doing so.

Further, I have noticed a star-pattern that illuminates a fairly wide area around the dot (I'll try to get a pic). It is hard to see with the safety glasses in place, but when pointing it outdoors across a distance, I see radial star-peaks go out quite a distance (even to the point of illuminating the peripheral of the beam). Has anyone else noticed this?

I have not noticed leakage with mine. If you see leakage, it probably won't be waterproof. I usually don't have problems with my hand slipping when focusing it either. I wouldn't lubricate it because I would be worried about damaging it, ruining the waterproof feature, or getting the lens or diode window dirty.

Some li-ion batteries have a built-in protection circuit to prevent damage to the battery from over-discharging/charging or shorting out. "protected" batteries have this protection circuit