Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like and Customs

I have recently ordered a 100mw Green Torch focusable/waterproof from O-Like. Susie was wonderful and my order had shipped within two days. The USPS shipping info can be seen below:

Processed Through Sort Facility
October 01, 2012, 7:12 am
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Registered Mail™
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Processed Through Sort Facility
September 28, 2012, 4:46 pm
SINGAPORE, SINGAPORE

It has had the "Processed Through Sort Facility" status for almost a week now, and I am getting worried. Will the laser be checked by customs, and if it is will it be seized? How long does this normally take? Thanks ahead for your answers, and cross your fingers for me :p.

-theRadish

Ive been using it for days, and I have read all of the threads regarding O-Like and customs. I made a post in order to receive help based on my situation. Thanks, though.

Will the laser be checked by customs, and if it is will it be seized? How long does this normally take?

It probably won't be checked by customs. If it is, it will most likely be seized. For the laser to be seized will not take long. For you to be notified about it can take months.

Most likely you're fine, and will receive the laser soon. With china, best case scenario with airmail is two weeks... can take up to a month easily though.

Awesome, thanks. I am worrying my head off that I am going to have lost it because it has been in customs for a while. Hopefully everything will work out and it will depart LA soon.

Unless it's been at least thirty days, don't worry about it.

One thing dealing with china will forcefully teach you is to have patience. Lots and lots of patience.

Yes, I have ordered from china in the past, and customs wasn't an issue, but then again I wasn't paying attention to the tracking at all then. I think i'll try to find some old tracking numbers and evaluate the dates to give myself peace-of-mind :p

A time warp occurred today, and the package skipped from entering customs in LA to being at my local post office. Thanks for your knowledge on the situation and reassurance that it would go through!

-theRadish

even if it is thirty days... i live in LA too and i had my firedragon at the sorting facility for 63 days. totally gave up on it... then boom! a cannon on my doorstep :D. the LAX sort facility is usually super backed up, especially with standard international shipping from the orient.