Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like $66 2W 450nm laser?

GSS

Can this even be taken seriously? Does anybody know if this is legit or a misprint?

Thanks
Olike is a strange company. Use to be great, then not and then Ok again.
I would Not though say it's a over priced scam company. Many have had good dealings with them..
For $65 I think it a good deal and a nice pretty host. "Maby" not 2W's but could be 1.5W++
It's also only 25mm wide so even better as far heatsinking if it's a bit less than 2W.
I would buy it if you like that gold host..

I have had good results with o-like in the past, it's probably as advertised.

Seens to be a PLTB450B diode running on max. current (rated for 1.6 W). DTR offers PLTB450B for $23. So o-like offer sounds good to me.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Mojo, where did you see thats it's possibly a PLTB450B?
Don't get me wrong but as I loving that diode.;)

Hi, That is a good deal but 2W's in that small host you will need to keep the duty cycle very very short . It would heat up in no time , no heat sinking in that host.

Rich:)

If you decide to get this laser don't buy your batteries from O-Like. Also, this laser is not a class IIIB laser, but a class IV.

I bought this laser or very similar model more than a year ago. I didn't measure the actual output power, but I have no doubt it is as advertise. I actually had to be careful pointing it on the deck or leaves (could start a fire). The case is actually heavy and feels very solid and it does seem to keep the laser cool. I actually was surprised that it was better than I thought it would be. It has normally rectangular beam shape with standard divergences for this class of diode (nothing great but better than expected for the price, easily could be seen on an object 2 miles away at night).It came with cheap pattern making attachments (fun but can break easy). It is easy to focus for burning and it will accept attachments I use for my other lasers. Shipping batteries can cause problems in Canadian customs, so I purchased high quality batteries separately. I paid for the very cheap ePack shipping, so it took a while to get to me in Ottawa. The problem wasn't on the Chinese side either, they shipped the laser promptly. Packet got stuck in Canadian customs in Vancouver for weeks (not abnormal for ePackets in Canada, because post loses money on these). This is a legit laser and it is good value for the price.