Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 400mW 532nm (Very Overspec)

mikzip

I just received one 2 days ago, 9 days standard shipping, very nice looking beam in the night sky :)
I don't have a meter, just wondering if it is possible to get a clue about the power, for instance how fast will it burn trough a CD case with a distance of 2 meter?
Mine take about 50 seconds.

you know, the production of this laser is just one factory. laser over 200mw is expensive in production. the factory can not keep the production of laser like this kind in a large scale to aviod risk.

Perhaps, but the experience gained making this laser could also improve quality control, and reduce costs by creating additional demand for the components in larger quantities from the suppliers.

"Doing something a lot" does not always mean a reduction in quality or failures. It can also mean an increase in quality and a decrease in price.

It certainly seems to be the case over the long run with lasers. A 400mW 532nm was easily $1000 USD just a few years back.

On 19.2.11 Susie told me they would restock on the end of February. Well, these days it's the the end of February, and it would'nt surprise me if they didn't restock and there is another delay. It seems that in china they have their own times...

Last edited:
I am also waiting for o-like to restock the 400mW torch... I chatted with susie via e-mail this morning (2/27/2011) and she told me that they were going to have 30 of them avalible next week sometime. I have been reading ALOT of these fourms about the restock time and hopefully there will be no more delays :) I REALLY want one espicially after reading that they are overspec!!!