Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 200mw module problems

So You confirm my doubts!
Jayrob has told me via PM that 100 mW do not suffers of that issues!
The 100 mW probabily use a 500 mW diode or less, so the entire module is not hammered as the 200 mW version!
I give to O-like a last chance, then I bought straightly a Laserglow Hercules 500 and I solve all my problems !! ;)

honeyx

So far I made the same experience like you and therefore can confirm yours. After the diode LEDed I took a closer look to it. The diode is not a high quality one. There is some glue around the laserchip. Even in front of the mirrowed window where the coherent light came out! Maybe this was the reason for the diode dying.

The Laserglow Hercules uses nLight high quality diodes like in all the high end CNI handhelds.

Helios

Lets remember that olike is not CNI by any means.

I think you should contact them about this. If you dont you are just wasting your time complaining.

honeyx

Lets remember that olike is not CNI by any means.

I think you should contact them about this. If you dont you are just wasting your time complaining.

Noone said o-like is or has something to do with CNI, just about the quality of laserdiodes used for DPSS systems. And I wouldn´t call sharing experiences with others complaining. Lets say it like it is. O-Like promises better quality and beeing up to specs. Susie is also a member here, so she can read the feedback people are giving right now. Sending back isn´t an option as the shipping costs plus the prise we already paid, we would probably get one of their 400mW green laserpointers. But even if we would have to pay lets say 30$ more for a 400mW laser it´s not worth all the efford to get a replacement. I would rather pay the extra money than throwing more money on it to finally get a good 200mW module as a raplacement.

Helios

Noone said o-like is or has something to do with CNI, just about the quality of laserdiodes used for DPSS systems. And I wouldn´t call sharing experiences with others complaining. Lets say it like it is. O-Like promises better quality and beeing up to specs. Susie is also a member here, so she can read the feedback people are giving right now. Sending back isn´t an option as the shipping costs plus the prise we already paid, we would probably get one of their 400mW green laserpointers. But even if we would have to pay lets say 30$ more for a 400mW laser it´s not worth all the efford to get a replacement. I would rather pay the extra money than throwing more money on it to finally get a good 200mW module as a raplacement.

alright. What ever you want to do. It might go down as you describe or it might be different and you wont ever know. I have had several transactions where items were not up to snuff and had the items refunded without shipping back or new items were shipped at no cost.

We have forgotten another important point: we cannot pretend to have a decent 200 mW small laser module at about 100 dollars (sometimes You can find they on eBay at less than 70 bucks).
The first module that I have resent some months ago to o-like never arrived, so the next five was directly trashed.
Now I try a 100 mW module just to use my orphaned host, then I buy an Hercules to solve definatly all my problems.

honeyx

alright. What ever you want to do. It might go down as you describe or it might be different and you wont ever know. I have had several transactions where items were not up to snuff and had the items refunded without shipping back or new items were shipped at no cost.

Maybe you are right and I should mail her anyway. Just sending it back is no option for me either way. Not just because of the extra costs but also beacause I already dissasembled it completely to see what was wrong where the diode turned to be just a LED now. And not to mention the fixes to the lenses I have done before.

I think that those 200mW are actually overpowered 100mW .. and that is why they have that short life ... can't be sure..... just a thought... :beer: